Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help!!!

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2007 at 4:36 AM
  • 2 Replies
ok i need some ideas ladies.... my sons b-days are in dec. my oldest will be turning 5 on new year's eve and then my baby will be turning 2 on CHRISTmas eve. last year i had seperate parties because it was my babys' first b-day and now im thinking of having it together cause it would be alot easier. but i'm stumped on what to do. my oldest wants shrek and my youngest could care less but i always had a theme for my oldest so i think that it's only fair that the baby gets what big brother got as well. neways my mother said that i should just do shrek for both of them cause the baby wouldn't no any difference anyways. but i dont know.... we have a lot of people that come to our parties because we know alot of people. we live in a small town(pop. aprox:30,000) we dont have any kind of party places. i think all we have is the park, skating rink, my house, bowling alley(i dont think that my oldest is old enough for that anyways and besides that they have a bar in there and i dont think you can rent it for private), we Mcdonalds, CiCi's pizza,we also have a teddy bear connection(like a build a bear workshop but they want you to pay 14.95 a kid), party-n-things(just like build a bear as well except they want 15.95 a kid that's to much for me). i think that's all. we cant have it at our house because we always have it there and we are in the middle of some repairs so.... i'm stuck.... well i guess that's enough for now. i'm sorry it's kinda of long... i didnt mean to write a book but i felt like i needed to tell everyone all of that so they will know what i'm up against. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
by on Sep. 29, 2007 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
moncour
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 10:18 AM
Keep in mine that the 1st few parties are really more for the parents than for the kids, little ones don't really know what is going on or the difference between their party and some one elses. My daughter is turning 2 in October and we have decided to just have fun with the theme because she is too young to care. When they are old enough to pick their own theme then it becomes an issue, but for now if the baby sees the big brother getting stuff, all the baby will care about is getting to open stuff too. He won't care if it's wrapped in Shrek or plain brown paper. I think haveing the parties together at this age is good because the baby won't understand why he can't unwrap stuff too and that will solve the problem of him trying to unwrap the other gifts. You can make seperate little cakes. We made a small individual cake for our son for the 1st 5 years until he was old enough to say he didn't want it, and a bigger cake for all the guests to share. We have done the same thing with our daughter so far and it works well. The baby gets to drool on or play with her own cake and no one has to worry about her drooling on or poking fingers in their cake. I say go ahead and share the themes, yes it is important to make sure the baby gets the same things as the older child, but also keep in mind that there are 2 of them now and that changes things, where as you only had the one before there were no lessons on sharing with or including siblings before, it is a good chance to show and celebrate the change in your family in a more positive way. Maybe when they are older and can understand how to be an individual as a part of the whole you can have seperate parties again, but for now I think it is a good lesson for both of them. 
arlenespinatas
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 11:40 AM
Hi! I actually have the same problem this year with my daughter ive rented every single place available in past parties and since she is now in school I dont wnt it at home. So I decided to have it in my community park and  rented one of those inflatable houses for the kids and she's doing the Pink Poodle theme for the girls and the Gog theme for the boys. But since your eldest wants shrek and the other one will be two on Chritmas even (mine;s was suposed to be born on xmas eve but held of till the 30th lol), just do seperate themes for each in the same party and try to color coordinate everything. Go to http://www.ezpartyideas.com/ for good ideas and you can try my personalized party favors http://www.angelfire.com/magic2/arleneprminipinata/, I've done parties for brothers and sisters, tewins, etc, and just personalized 6 pintas with one design and dame and the other 6 with the other childs name. Well, I hope I have been of help. Good luck and keep me posted! Id love to hear how it ended! Arlene
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)