Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

planning a princess party.

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 1:44 AM
  • 2 Replies
my daughter's 5th  b-day is 12-18. her party will be sunday 12-16. I will expect around 18- 23  people, only 4-5 kids under 18. I need food ideas.
we have done pizzas. boring. it worked well last year, we got family size take and bakes with a big cake. huge success. want to do something new.
this year I would like to cook. I need ideas for a main dish.
My in laws are Itallian, spaggetti is an option and I have some sides, like homeade mac and cheese and baked beans- I know those would be a hit.
I was thinking finger sandwiches and I have a good recipe for punch.
Any thing will help.
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
arlenespinatas
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 11:45 AM
Hi! You might want to try http://www.ezpartyideas.com/ for some good ideas. Good luck. If you need Princess party theme favors, there I can hep you out lol. have a good week. Arlene
superdaughter
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 12:56 PM
My littlegirl is going to be 3, this weekend. She loved Cinderella, and princesses. So, I thought, she is going to have a princess party. I'll tell you what I did. I made her invitations on the computer. They came out so much better, than these corny Disney Princess ones, and were a lot cheaper. I tied a pretty pink ribbon in the botton of all the intitations and included a small magnet, wich was really cheap @ a craft store. Then, I got her a castle shaped pinata @ toys r' us. But the same one is at I Party. Had a Doll icecream cake made for her, to look like Cinderella. The flavors were Vanilla and Mint Chocolate Chip. Candy for the Pinata, is going to be han picked by me. So I can get things, that I know that my guests will approve of. And add a dollar bill in there and a few quarters. Also, some small toys, like cazoos. For favors, simple. A plastic cup, w/ princesses for the girls (@ iparty). For the boys, a camifloge colored cup, (also at I Party). Fill the cup with toys, that are propriate for their age, but don't go over board on your spending. Like, a ring, some tootsie rolls, a figurene (cinderella, girls, Shek, boys. Example.) And food is a whole other subject. I love cooking, and entartaining, so I' going to make Eggplant parm, as a main dish. A plater of turkey, ham and cheese, w/ sandwich rolls on the side for those ho don't want eggplant. Artichoke dip, mexican dip. Stuffed mushrooms, Chees, crackers, grapes, muffins, salad. And soda. I'm going to tell my guests to bring their own beer/wine. It costs way to much, you can't please everyone, and I don't want to be responsible for anyones accidents. So I provide the non-alchoholic drinks. And doll cake of course. My daughter will be wearing a pretty dress, but not to dress. just casual. We will play, "kiss the frog." It's like pin the tail on the donky, but lips instead of a tail, and a frog instead of a donkey. Boys will get a blue crown,with their names, girls a pink w/ the same. And this all cost me $200 all together, including dress, table cloths, balloons, food, everything. Pretty good, huh? Everyone goes home happy, tired and sleeps good. My daughter has a party to remember, and can't wait till next year! I love parties!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)