Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Tinker Bell 4th Birthday Party

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2010 at 10:35 PM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi CafeMoms!  These are photos from my daughter Clare's 4th birthday party.  One of the other moms is having a fairy party for her daughter and asked me to share them.  Once again, you will recognize a lot of items like the toadstool chairs and tables made from pickle buckets. 

The bottom of the stools are wrapped in butcher block paper. The tops are upholstered with just quilting fabric (I bought remnants to keep costs down, which is why they are not matching) and pillow filler. The top of the tables and the top of the stools are made with plywood by my husband. We got the buckets for free from a local Subway restaurant. 

The tablecloths were bought at a garage sale for 50 cents each.  Some were rectangular, so a friend of mine cut them in half and hemmed them. 

The placecards are made from a mini calendar, which I bought in August for 75 cents at a card store. They were laminated and we used a sharpie to write the girls' names on them. 

The wall decorations above were made from fade-less bulletin board paper.  I made them huge to make our guests feel small like a fairy would feel in a flower garden.  The banner was purchased off of eBay.  It was handmade out of foam and very cute. 

The flower mirrors in the background were purchased at the dollar store for a buck.

The space bellow was Sunflower Meadow and Sparrow Forest, names taken from a fairy book  my daughter took.  My friend's MIL had all of these fake trees in her house.  She was in Florida for the winter, so my friend "borrowed" them for the party. I am not sure if she knew that or not! lol  The tables are train tables that my husband made for our kids in their toy room.  One was used as a coloring page table (The coloring pages were copied for free off the Internet.) and the craft table. The girls decorated wands with hearts, butterflies, and stars with gems.

Again, everything was made BIG to take up space and to make the fairies feel tiny.

The bird is a raven that we use a Halloween decoration and the wreath it is sitting on like a nest is a wreath I hang on our door in the spring. Needless to say, I use anything I already have and can find to decorate with at my parties! lol  We used LOTS of Christmas twinkle lights to give the room a sparkly effect.

I found this Tinker Bell on a party site like Birthday Express.

Below is the adult table.  We called it Twilight in Pixie Hollow. 

One of the games we played was Tinker Bell Bingo.  This table held the game pieces and prizes.  We also played a game of Fairy Freeze Tag.  Each girl was given a bag of "Pixie Dust."  This was just glitter in a small tulle sacks bought at a garage sale.  They were leftover from a wedding.  I paid 50 cents for a package of twelve.  The girls ran around playing tag.  Clare (Tinker Bell) would tag them and they would be frozen until another fairy came by to sprinkle "Pixie Dust" on the fairy to unfreeze her.  At the end of the game, all of the girls encircled Clare and sprinkled the rest of the Pixie Dust on her!

The green is just fabric sewn together to make a backdrop. The giant flowers were borrowed from a friend, who has these in her daughter's room.  The little fairies had their pictures taken there alone and with my daughter and the photos were sent to the guests along with the thank you note. 

Above is the gift table and later the favor table (below).

The favor bags were Halloween bags, which I bought for 65 cents each after Halloween on sale.  Inside, each guest was given a pair of fairy wings. Each girl was asked to come to the party dressed in her "Fairy Finest" Most girls came dressed in a fairy costume or party dress with wings.  We had two little girls who did not have wings. We opened her wings early from her favor bag and let her wear them, so she wouldn't feel left out. 

There was also a Tinker Bell coloring book bought at the dollar store, a Tinker Bell toothbrush and paste bought at Big Lots, a Tinker Bell or Disney Fairy Pez and fruit snacks.  The name tags on the favor bags were made from kids' Valentines.  I pasted them back to back, so  you couldn't see the Happy Valentine's Day message and could only see the fairies on the name tag. I cut them edges with scrapbooking scissors to make them fancy and used a hole punch and ribbon to attach them to the bags. 

The dinner table above had a fabric square made from Tinker Bell fabric bought at WalMart, the basket in the background was a Tinker Bell Easter basket bought after Easter at 50% off and used to put napkins in. The centerpiece was bought on eBay and made by the same seller who made the banner downstairs.

Cake buffet.  The cake was made by a friend as my daughter's birthday gift.  It is a pink toadstool with a Tinker Bell doll on top. 

Cupcakes, just to give people flavor options!

This is my family and me.  My friend Paula made my sons and her son (The only boys in attendance) Sparrow Men costumes.  We all had a "fairy" good time!

by on Apr. 4, 2010 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kavon
by Kaya on Apr. 5, 2010 at 1:12 AM

very creative. Love decorations and the fact that is was all put together not costing an arm and a leg.

danielsmommy2b
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Awesome once again!

mstrendygirl
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THESE PICS FOR ME TO GET IDEAS.......... JUST BEAUTIFUL TIME TO START WORKING ON IDEAS FOR MY DD 2ND BIRTHDAY

Little_bug
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 1:06 PM

as always ADORABLE!!!

tyesmommy
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM

once again, I say, wow, i'm going to have tro call out local subway... :o) i might conjole one of the old men with lots of tools in their garages, to make them for me, can you give us a blow by of how to make them, and I love how you remember to take pictures, for my son's party I forgot to get all the details... :o)

Funguideswife
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies!  Coming from party planning goddesses like you, I am really touched.  Did I mention you are SO good for the soul?!   I appreciate the postive feedback but also love exchanging party planning ideas.  I also think we are all great resources for finding things for our parties without paying an arm and a leg! 

Tyesmommy, I believe the directions to make the stools are posted on the Fancy Nancy party strand.  If you can't find it, let me know and I will write it up again! 

Thanks again! Christina

Jenn_
by on Apr. 13, 2010 at 12:31 PM

soo cute!!

MrsThompson1023
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 5:38 PM

OMG! this is amazing! i got soooo many ideas from this. :)
i love love love the mushroom stools.

ArmyPrincess81
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM

AMAZING

I love Tinkerbell...I wish my daughter liked her so we can have a tinkerbell party lol...I may have to talk her into it lol...I love this

KEISHAJB
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 2:12 AM

my daughter is falling in love with her again, always has liked her though! i hope we do that in sept for her birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)