Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

First Birthday

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2007 at 10:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hi, I need some help with my youngest Birthday party. With my oldest Marcaus we had just family, godparents over to the house. I made a lite lunch with cake and ice cream after that. And I did Elmo theme with a mickey mouse cake. I really don't want to the same again. But I really don't know what do for Lucas. Do I have to have a lite lunch? Can I just do cake and ice cream? It was about $100.00 or more for Marcus' first party. With all the food, plates, forks, spoons, gift for him. Also,do I have to make up a little bag for the kids for Lucas' party? One more, Marcus will be 3 on the 25 of October. And we are doing Sherk. We are having cake and ice cream on the 27. They will be some kids there from the ages 2 to 9. So I make bags for Marcus' party? Help me please.

Thank you,
Traci
by on Oct. 7, 2007 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
party_of_5
by on Oct. 8, 2007 at 11:36 AM
Ok first of all breath (LOL) Go to birthdayexpress.com it has all sorts of birthday theme ideas. I wouldn't do any goodie bags for Lucas's b-day unless there will be other children there. I have never made a light lunch with any of my b-day parties just cake/icecream. I would make bags for Marcus's b-day since there will be children there. Good luck. I know how you feel I have chldren & my boys b-days are in Dec & a week apart. It can very stressful. HTH.
cecilhe73
by on Oct. 8, 2007 at 12:32 PM
I tend to think that whenever you have a party during meal time hours, you should serve food!  Especially if you think people will be bringing gifts, & especially if you're inviting children.   But, I'd keep it simple, & buy things that are ready made (ex, wholesale clubs usually have platters of ready-made sandwiches & lots of other ready made things like potato salad, frozen pizzas, etc ...)...
Tracifrance
by on Oct. 8, 2007 at 9:36 PM
Just wanted to say Thank you so much for help. I will look into the website that you gave me.  Thank you again.

Traci
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)