Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

I need some help with a toy story party

Ok for some this might seem far off but for me its too clse. I was originally going to give my son a chuck cheese party but he really doesnt want it anymore. He has been begging for a toy story party. So im going to give in and give him one. His birthday is in October but I alway plan way inadvance. I need ideas for games, decorations and things along that line. My so is the only one with a real paycheck, as Im only getting unemployment ( very little ). I looked up things online and everything I would normally get for a party is going to cause me over 200.  Please help. I willl be planning a party for my daughter shortly after this....

by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
MaddysMommy788
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I was going to suggest walmart too. They have so much stuff. It is the perfect time to have a toy story party since toy story 2 just came out! There is so much out there for it!

nikki24
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:32 AM

nikki24
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Quoting nikki24:
Here's some basket's ,I made for son b-day party on the 3, It's going to be a skate party! I also got a tablecloth that''s toy story ,and I'm going to do a balloon arrangement, and a fish bowl with toy story stickers! I'll post pic's when I'm done!

tyesmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:33 AM

I love the set up. but I hate the loot bags they always break.

Quoting nikki24:

chrarrington18
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Thats nice...your ideas are great. but how are you merging the two themes..ts and skating?

Quoting nikki24:

Quoting nikki24:
Here's some basket's ,I made for son b-day party on the 3, It's going to be a skate party! I also got a tablecloth that''s toy story ,and I'm going to do a balloon arrangement, and a fish bowl with toy story stickers! I'll post pic's when I'm done!

mom_love07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM

If you go to dollar tree . com

and search toy story. two things come up. a little chalk board, with a 3 on it. which could work in your favor if he was turning 3 lol. and some easy go yo yos.

nikki24
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I'm having it in the skating facility, But I'm doing the toy story theme! Table cloth, Baskets, Cake,and his gifts is a fish bowl with toy story stickers! He loved toy story so that's why, I went wit the theme. When it's come to stuff like this I don't go by the rules, I do my on thing! lol  The kid's are going to be skating for fun, And the theme is just the theme and also what he likes!

Quoting chrarrington18:

Thats nice...your ideas are great. but how are you merging the two themes..ts and skating?

Quoting nikki24:

Quoting nikki24:

nikki24
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Thanks Hun! I'm sorry they break on u ,I never had that problem tho but, I don't full them much either!

Quoting tyesmommy:

I love the set up. but I hate the loot bags they always break.

Quoting nikki24:

Daltonswife
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 1:47 AM

My son's 4th bday party is toy story themed. It's at the end of august and we are doing a costume party, where he'll be the only Buzz lightyear :). We've decided not to do traditional goody bags but to have a candy table where the kids can fill bags before they leave. A friend and I are making life size cut outs of buzz and woody using  a borrowed projection machine, paint and cardboard boxes. I'm still in the process of picking games but we are gonna make a rocket ship out of tin foil and a box and fill it with cheap toy story figures, (walmart has those two packs for $6) and use a grabber type thing to let kids pick one toy out each.

tyesmommy
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 5:51 AM

i'm doing the candy buffet also, but beware, some mom's on here don't approve of that, and may try to bite your head off.. :o)
 what type of candies are you using, but we're also doing a pinyata... but its filled with balls, I'll have to take a picture when I find my card reader

Quoting Daltonswife:

My son's 4th bday party is toy story themed. It's at the end of august and we are doing a costume party, where he'll be the only Buzz lightyear :). We've decided not to do traditional goody bags but to have a candy table where the kids can fill bags before they leave. A friend and I are making life size cut outs of buzz and woody using  a borrowed projection machine, paint and cardboard boxes. I'm still in the process of picking games but we are gonna make a rocket ship out of tin foil and a box and fill it with cheap toy story figures, (walmart has those two packs for $6) and use a grabber type thing to let kids pick one toy out each.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)