Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

I need some help with a toy story party

Ok for some this might seem far off but for me its too clse. I was originally going to give my son a chuck cheese party but he really doesnt want it anymore. He has been begging for a toy story party. So im going to give in and give him one. His birthday is in October but I alway plan way inadvance. I need ideas for games, decorations and things along that line. My so is the only one with a real paycheck, as Im only getting unemployment ( very little ). I looked up things online and everything I would normally get for a party is going to cause me over 200.  Please help. I willl be planning a party for my daughter shortly after this....

by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Replies (21-26):
tyesmommy
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 5:54 AM

yea I tried to use them for my son;s 2nd bday but that didn't happen so I used them for the pinyata, and they broke..

But I may go a little over board with the party favors, butr I use the same fillers every year, and probally for every single bday I plan in the future,

bubbles, crayon's ,playdoh, crazy straws, tattoos, a rubber duck ( if it goes) and then a couple of themed items, like fruit snacks, the bag itself, and some other little item

Quoting nikki24:

Thanks Hun! I'm sorry they break on u ,I never had that problem tho but, I don't full them much either!

Quoting tyesmommy:

I love the set up. but I hate the loot bags they always break.

Quoting nikki24:

nikki24
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

That sound's like a good idea, Post pics when your done!

Quoting tyesmommy:

yea I tried to use them for my son;s 2nd bday but that didn't happen so I used them for the pinyata, and they broke..

But I may go a little over board with the party favors, butr I use the same fillers every year, and probally for every single bday I plan in the future,

bubbles, crayon's ,playdoh, crazy straws, tattoos, a rubber duck ( if it goes) and then a couple of themed items, like fruit snacks, the bag itself, and some other little item

Quoting nikki24:

Thanks Hun! I'm sorry they break on u ,I never had that problem tho but, I don't full them much either!

Quoting tyesmommy:

I love the set up. but I hate the loot bags they always break.

Quoting nikki24:

Daltonswife
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I found these toy story themed candies at walmart: fun dips $2 for 10 pack, character gummies $1, army men gummies $1 and character sweet tarts which were $1 too. They were the movie theater sized boxes so I bought 2 of each. I found some toy story candy necklaces in the party isle at walmart today.

Quoting tyesmommy:

i'm doing the candy buffet also, but beware, some mom's on here don't approve of that, and may try to bite your head off.. :o)
 what type of candies are you using, but we're also doing a pinyata... but its filled with balls, I'll have to take a picture when I find my card reader

Quoting Daltonswife:

My son's 4th bday party is toy story themed. It's at the end of august and we are doing a costume party, where he'll be the only Buzz lightyear :). We've decided not to do traditional goody bags but to have a candy table where the kids can fill bags before they leave. A friend and I are making life size cut outs of buzz and woody using  a borrowed projection machine, paint and cardboard boxes. I'm still in the process of picking games but we are gonna make a rocket ship out of tin foil and a box and fill it with cheap toy story figures, (walmart has those two packs for $6) and use a grabber type thing to let kids pick one toy out each.

breastfeeding,co-sleeping,baby wearing, Church going Christian momma

chrarrington18
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 4:40 PM

very good ideas....... we still havent figured out what we are going to do lol..... but a decision will be made by sunday.

Quoting Daltonswife:

I found these toy story themed candies at walmart: fun dips $2 for 10 pack, character gummies $1, army men gummies $1 and character sweet tarts which were $1 too. They were the movie theater sized boxes so I bought 2 of each. I found some toy story candy necklaces in the party isle at walmart today.

Quoting tyesmommy:

i'm doing the candy buffet also, but beware, some mom's on here don't approve of that, and may try to bite your head off.. :o)
 what type of candies are you using, but we're also doing a pinyata... but its filled with balls, I'll have to take a picture when I find my card reader

Quoting Daltonswife:

My son's 4th bday party is toy story themed. It's at the end of august and we are doing a costume party, where he'll be the only Buzz lightyear :). We've decided not to do traditional goody bags but to have a candy table where the kids can fill bags before they leave. A friend and I are making life size cut outs of buzz and woody using  a borrowed projection machine, paint and cardboard boxes. I'm still in the process of picking games but we are gonna make a rocket ship out of tin foil and a box and fill it with cheap toy story figures, (walmart has those two packs for $6) and use a grabber type thing to let kids pick one toy out each.

chrarrington18
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM

thank you everyone for the suggestions and ideas. we will know by saturday what the final decision will be on the party.

chrarrington18
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Ok we have come to a decision. We are having a chuckie cheese party with toy story gift bags. Thank you ladies for all th ideas and suggestions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)