Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Need help with a princess party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 8:21 AM
  • 24 Replies

DD has decided she wants a Disney Princess Party. I am going to start buying stuff next week so this will be our theme. I had offered boy friendly themes but she didn't like them. I need to make her princess party boy friendly as about 6 of the 15 kids will be boys. Also any decorating or other ideas appreciated. I also hope to do a candy buffet if you have any tips for that as this will be my first one.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a 25 yr old, very happily married wife to Bobby for over 4 years. Proud step mom to dylan (5) and proud mommy to a spoiled but not rotten princess and my heart Kayelynne (3). Who loves my family and this country life and can't describe myself or my parenting style in this paragraph. If you don't like it don't read it.

by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrarrington18
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Are you using all the princesses or jus one? As for the boys make them the princes.... oriental trading has good prince thins.... I think its underknights but it will still work.

kayelynnesmommy
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 2:22 PM

We  are doing  all of them but will focus on cinderella, tiana and belle as those are her fav's. Thanks for the prince idea.

sexychef
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I have experience in setting up candy and/or dessert buffet tables. My rates are very reasonable and I could provide you with pictures as well as references. Please let me know if you'd be interested in my services.

imamommy1205
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 5:28 PM

How about knights for the boys?

khurley8686
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Here's what we did for my daughters 4th birthday party. It's not the best, but she loved it, and it turned out good.

I went with the colors pink, blue, and white to match the princess theme, and so it wasn't too girly, because we had some boys at the party too. That allowed me to get blue goodie bags for the boys, and I got pink for the girls.

We had a princess pinata, and I did a game like hot potato, but it was pass the glass slipper(I just used one of my daughters dress up shoes). We did another game but I can't remember what it was.

I gathered up all my daughters dress up clothes, so the guest could wear them for the party. The girls really liked that they could dress up.

Quoting khurley8686:

So this was my daughters 4th birthday party, she picked the Princess theme.

Here's her cake

Julia's 4th Birthday party | Julia's princess cake | Brittany

Her other cake(I was worried the one my mom was making wouldn't turn out good.....I know shame on me...but you have to be prepared) Oh and I was wrong it did turn out good as you can see, and it tasted good too.

Julia's 4th Birthday | Julia's Princess Cake | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

Here's the cake table and goodie bags

Julia's 4th Birthday party | Brittany

Boys goodie bags

Julia's 4th Birthday | Boys Goodie Bags | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

Girls goodie bags( and the girls got little princess wands)

Julia's 4th Birthday | Girls Goodie Bags | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

Food tables

My little princess with her cake(she absolutely loved that cake)

Julia's 4th Birthday | Julia standing in front of her Castle Cake  | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

The kids table

Julia's 4th Birthday | Kids Table | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

The adults tables

Julia's 4th Birthday | The tables all decorated | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

I even went and got fabric and made a red carpet for her to walk on when she came in....because she's our little princess

Julia's 4th Birthday | Julia's red carpet | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

The girls doing the pinata

Julia's 4th Birthday | Getting ready to do the pinata | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

The girls playing pass the glass slipper game

Julia's 4th Birthday | The girls playing pass the glass slipper | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

The present table

Julia's 4th Birthday | Present Table | Julia, Jordan, and Jaiden's Mommy

MumsTheWord571
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 2:04 AM

what about swords? Prince Charming always has a sword!

MumsTheWord571
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 2:06 AM

khurley, I LOVE that beautiful cake! The castle is awesome!

khurley8686
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Awww...thanks...My mom did it. My daughter really wanted it, and my mom was determined! Because she spoils her. I think it took her 3 days to make it.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

khurley, I LOVE that beautiful cake! The castle is awesome!

khurley8686
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Here's a site you can go for ideas.....

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/the_princess_party.html

mom-2-4kids
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 2:22 AM

I'm doing a Princess party for my soon to be 4 y/o as well. Being that she has alot of brothers, we're adding knights to the party. For the boys we're going to Dollar Tree and buying foam swords. Like these....

If by some chance that they are out of those, I have a back up plan. Wal-Mart carries bubble wands that kinda look like swords.

I'm also going to be making shields for the boys. I found a tutorial on how to make shields out of cardboard and duct tape that I will be using. 

http://www.ehow.com/how_2148683_cardboard-knights-shield.html 

I've also been contemplating tunics, not sure yet though on those.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you'd like to share ideas. I'm currently planning, her birthday is the beggining of August.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN