Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

superhero party progress... candy buffet update w/ picture more

Posted by   + Show Post

so I took the advice of georgezilla ( probbaly spelled that wrong too..lol) and started looking at other places rummage sales, etc and thse are what I found

I know some mommies are against the whole candybar thing, but it will make a great decoration

Ibut i'm also adding tooth brushes, I was going to do the superhero ones, but they where a dollar 50 each, so i'm doing the cheap ones, and playing them up with lots of ribbon....

so these are the candies, I either have or are going to use..

Giant Pixy Stix Candy Straws: 100CT BoxGiant Bizarre Jawbreakers -Wrapped: 35LB Basket

Jumbo Peppermint Candy Sticks: 48CT Display

M&M's Milk Chocolate - 56 oz. bag

so these are the bouncy balls in a jar, the one I will use will be a cylender,so tell me what you think

adn jut to show you guys the size of these balls, the red one is ones that you use in a ball pit, can the bounce balls are big enough that they don't fit in a toilet paper tube.

so these are the newest addtions to my candy buffet, i'm starting to think that I have too many lollipops....

I just brought these swirl pops today and I am very excited, and I love how they come with ribbon attached...

these laffy taffies, I had the mini ones that I was going to use in the jars, but these will work better, they were at the dollar, and come 10 in a pack.... :o)npw the small ones may be used either in the party favors, or the pinata

pez, since i will be giving out the superhero pez

some more of the candy, doubt it will last till december

can you believe i won 25 bags of candy melts, and dozens of candy molds on eaby for 12 dollars....!

these glasses are at the dollar tree, I was really excited to find some with lids on them, adn are the mini coke glasses too cute.... I might have to find a way to incorparate them into a party somehow, maybe number for... the rock star

my next glass find, the bigger glasses where found at goodwill thrift store, I have been having really good luck with the,, and the star disses where from the dollar tree

I found take out boxes at smart and finale, i don't know if other states have them but there where 4.69 for 50, pint size containers, way cheaper than you would find at party city, or micheals

YOu guys already saw my excitedment about the pixie sticks

and my candy corner that bottem box with rex is full of suckers, and marvel hero laffy taffiers,

if you guys think this is a lot of candy you sould've seen it before my little cousins party, pictures still to come

afd

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:29 AM
Replies (21-26):
fentrio
by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Looking good.  I think it'd be really cute to add capes to the big lollipops.  Someone asked about schoops, at the dollar store I have gottten candy usually called lightning bugs but they change it up for holidays too.  Anyways it comes with tweeezers that light up when you pick up the candy with them.  I used them for our candy bar type thing (it was actually coin/ticket redemption) and they really liked using them.

tyesmommy
by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 1:22 PM

this was a awesome party... someone was looking for mario ideas, i think you may need to bump your post or something

Quoting fentrio:

Looking good.  I think it'd be really cute to add capes to the big lollipops.  Someone asked about schoops, at the dollar store I have gottten candy usually called lightning bugs but they change it up for holidays too.  Anyways it comes with tweeezers that light up when you pick up the candy with them.  I used them for our candy bar type thing (it was actually coin/ticket redemption) and they really liked using them.

tyesmommy
by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I found them at wal mart... they were in the front b y the registrers... and I don't think the lady was paying attention, because I brought 5 of those with 24 lollies each, and some other stuff, and I on;y paid 60 dollars.... wich I s cool with me, because when I went togo tell her she made a mistake she copped an attitude....

Quoting khurley8686:

Where did you find the swirly lollipops? I got the big ones, but I'm looking for the swirly ones now, and I don't want to spend a lot if I can help it! I've been looking for glass bowls and vases at garage sells as well, but haven't found much.....I might have to check out the thrift stores around here. I like the toothbrush idea! I love everything that you have so far!  

khurley8686
by on Aug. 14, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Thanks!!! I'll have to go check that out now!

Quoting tyesmommy:I found them at wal mart... they were in the front b y the registrers... and I don't think the lady was paying attention, because I brought 5 of those with 24 lollies each, and some other stuff, and I on;y paid 60 dollars.... wich I s cool with me, because when I went togo tell her she made a mistake she copped an attitude....

Quoting khurley8686:

Where did you find the swirly lollipops? I got the big ones, but I'm looking for the swirly ones now, and I don't want to spend a lot if I can help it! I've been looking for glass bowls and vases at garage sells as well, but haven't found much.....I might have to check out the thrift stores around here. I like the toothbrush idea! I love everything that you have so far!  

kids-have-my-heart.gifWhat Life is All About
mom-reason-to-live.gif
tyesmommy
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 2:02 AM

BUMP!

tyesmommy
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 5:32 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)