Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

HELP thomas the train party

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 5:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hey I am new here and need some tips and or lots of advice! My son will be turning 4 on Fri the 19th, but we will be celebrating on the 20th. He wanted Thomas the Train for the theme. But this is hard time of the year for me (my mom died two days before his second birthday) to be motivated.  Any idea on how to decorate? do you do gift bags for a 4yr old?? games??  I only invited a few people and their kids. too many preschoolers in the same area...headache!! lol. Appreciate the help...katie
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
wrennyjen
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 5:50 PM
They'll definitely be expecting goody bags or some kind of party favor.  My son just went to a birthday party a few weeks ago and for the party favor the mom took color paper and cut it to the width of a package of unpopped microwave popcorn.  She wrapped it around the popcorn to make a sleeve and on it she printed "Thanks for "Popping" by my party!"

As for games, kids always love pinatas, but for kids this age I'd get the kind that you pull the strings out of.  Blind-folded preschoolers with sticks are scary!

Wren
Jossaraf
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 10:35 PM
Children love to recieve treats.  I don't let my children eat much candy, so when they recieve a lot of candy at a party it typically goes in the trash or to work with my husband.  I try to give things they can use like flash/learning cards, mini puzzles, sidewalk chalk,  stickers, or mini playdough and I put it in a little cellophane bag with a little candy or fruit snacks and tie it with some curly ribbon.  I get all this stuff at the dollar store with typically a few in a pack so it only costs a dollar or so per bag.  I've also seen at Michaels craft store little wooden unfinished trains or cars that kids would love to paint themselves and personalize.  It would be something to keep them occupied for a while and also their favor to take home.  They're like $1 or less.  I've got some for my kids just to do on a rainy day.  Activities are a good way to keep kids occupied at that age since they may be a little too young to play games.  As far as decorations go, I always do lots of colorful streamers across the room and balloons.  It's cheap and very festive.  I don't do helium since its expensive, I just blow up balloons and attach curly ribbon to the bottom and attach tape on the top of the balloon and stick it to the ceiling.  It's cheap, easy, and people always think their helium ballons floating on the ceiling!  Good luck with your party!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN