Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughters 1st birthday!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 8:26 PM
  • 3 Replies
So I am planning my daughters first birthday! It's on November 9th, but the party will be the 10th. There will be lots of other little kids around Jaelyn's age and a few older kids as well as the adults. Probably around 45 people in all including the kids! Our planning has to be simple and quick because the party is in my home town an hour away so everything has to be able to travel or be quick and easy enough to make the night before or morning of the party! Her theme is a butterfly theme. I have the plates and decorations, I'm just stumped on what to do with the cupcakes as far as decorations go (easier than cake i think)! Also, should we play games? what kind of games can you play with a bunch of 1-12 year olds? One big question is what order should we do things.

do we do:
food and greet
presents
birthday cake
and we'll probably mix some games in somewhere

or do we do:
food and greet
birthday cake
presents
with games mixed in somewhere probably

If we choose the first order, she won't have birthday cake all over herself while doing other things like opening presents and playing games. If we choose the 2nd order, well IDK, that's just how I thought it should go!

sorry this is so long!!!

by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommato2Boys
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 9:15 PM

If you want to keep it easy & simple for the cupcakes, why not just use different color icing? Like pastel pink, yellow, purple (or the colors in the decorations) and maybe some sprinkles or something?

Personally, I think I would

Greet/Food
Games
Presents
Cake

As far as games..maybe a pinata?

Jossaraf
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 9:24 PM
You know, you're throwing the party so you can really do any order that you want.  I know what you mean about how messy the cake can be but you can always have a change of clothes ready for your daughter, at least thats what I did with my son.  About the cupcake idea, if you google "butterfly cupcakes" under google images, there are a lot of cute ideas that you can get from the pictures there.  There are a lot of great craft ideas at Michaels or A.C. Moore that come in kits for a group of children.  Or you can make butterfly shaped sugar cookies and let the children decorate their own which they can either eat then or take home in a little cellophane bag as a party favor.  Crafts or activities are a fun way to keep children occupied and gives them something to take home.  Parents can help the younger children too.  I like to look at Marthastewart.com to get ideas.  I hope everything goes well!
Myanas_mommy
by on Oct. 24, 2007 at 1:43 PM
Which ever way you decide to do it make sure she enjoys it... you know her nap schedule and do things around her... you would want her to enjoy her cake and u can always change her outfit... gifts can be done last because the pictures with her cake are the ones that you really cherish.... good luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)