Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Non candy pinata fillers

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

We're having a pinata for the first time this year for my daughter's 4th birthday party in October.

I've never done a pinata, but my brother said that he wanted to make it. We're having an Olivia the Pig party and so far the pinata looks great. So I'm pretty excited about it.

There will be probably 6 kids at the party (mostly ages 3-4, but we do have one girl who is only 2), so it is a pull string pinata, and so far, for fillers, I have:  small play-doh containers, small boxes of crayons, bubbles, and sunglasses. It's all small stuff that isn't too heavy, but not too small to pose a choking hazard

Anyone have any other ideas for fillers? I don't have issues with candy, but I know some folks who are coming do not let their children have candy.

by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Here are some easy Non Candy Pinata Filler Ideas for you to consider:

• Healthy Snacks that come in small packages (and a lot of them do) like Fruit Snacks, Teddy Grahams, Individual wrapped Cookies, Chips, Fruit Roll-ups, Yogos etc… You can even take small baggies and wrap your own goodies.
  • Bouncy Balls – these are always fun when they land on a hard surface – kids have to chase them down
  • Jewelry – Necklaces, Rings and Bracelets
  • Stickers and Tattoos
  • Crayons
  • Figurines – small toys that may work with the theme
  • Punching  Balloons - not blown up of course
  • Glow Sticks – Kids love Glow Necklaces, Sticks and Bracelets
  • Lip Gloss or Chap Stick
  • Small Bottles of Bubbles
tyesmommy
by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM

mini beach balls

EHolman
by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM

stickers and baloons were a hit at the last party DD went to with a pinata

auroragold
by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Silly bands!  ($1.00 for a package of 12 at Wal-Mart)

halloween fun size packages of pretzels and such

newenglandfan
by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 6:16 PM

These are all great ideas. Thanks!

I did pick up 4 packages of silly bands. I got them at the Dollar Tree, and they are ballet ones. I was thinking for awhile of doing an Olivia the Pig ballet party, but now I'm doing just Olivia the Pig. I'm nervous about putting the silly bands in the pinata because of the 2 and 3 year olds, but maybe I still will.

mamamisty249
by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I got a bunch of fruit snacks from oriental trading co for a steal! 

barmelino
by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 9:47 PM

My 2 yr old looooves Silly Bands! She loves any kind of "dress up stuff" I'd put them in and just worn the parents

Quoting newenglandfan:

These are all great ideas. Thanks!

I did pick up 4 packages of silly bands. I got them at the Dollar Tree, and they are ballet ones. I was thinking for awhile of doing an Olivia the Pig ballet party, but now I'm doing just Olivia the Pig. I'm nervous about putting the silly bands in the pinata because of the 2 and 3 year olds, but maybe I still will.

schoolmomof2
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Check out the dollar store for things like little plastic animals, stickers, hair clips, and other small toys. We have done both pull string and the kind you hit to open. For your age group the pull string is perfect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)