Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

How to Display lollipops?!

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 10:36 AM
  • 11 Replies

I have no idea how i'm going to display the lollipops at her party!..I was orgianlly going to just put a few each in the top of two of the larger candy jars but now i'm seeing that you ladies cover something or other and then stick the lollipops in that?..can anyone tell me how to do this?..i like the covered in wrapping paper idea!

*Denise, Proud USMC Fiancee & Mommy To A Beautiful 3 Year Old Gymboree Princess..GIANNA!*
Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 22, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I thought this looked cute........

Flower Folds Felt Flowers

Isn't this a cheery and bright bouquet of felt flowers?  Reminds me of spring and warmer temps!

Felt flowers 001 

These flowers are so easy to make too.

Supplies needed:

-Flower template or die to cut out flowers.  I used my Big Shot  die cutting machine and Flower Folds die (don't forget the extended cutting pad).

-felt

-a hole punch that will cut through 4 layers of felt.  I used my Crop-A-Dile.  It cuts through the layers like butter!

-glue gun

-ball shaped lollipops

Here's how:

Cut two large, one medium and one small flowers out of felt.  Layer them, rotating the flowers for variety. Punch a hole in the middle for the lollipop stick using a hole punch or Crop-A-dile.  To hold the lollipop in place, apply a small amount of hot glue to the under side of the flower at the base of the lollipop.  Add a piece of ribbon and stamped tag if desired.  That's it.  So simple and these make great little gifts for any occasion.

Felt flowers 016

kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 22, 2010 at 12:09 PM

more cute pics ........

GiannasMommy06
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM

that is adorable!.i'm already going to do a lollipop tree but i have these larger lolli's that i need to do something with!

Quoting kavon:

more cute pics ........

tyesmommy
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 2:16 PM

i'm using the boxes i got from the oringal displays at the dollor tree

you can barely see it, but i wrapped my in messing tissue paper trying to simulate a ocean,

you can also use those foam blacks  from walmart in the craft section

holldoll_86
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM

in the floral dept, you can find those green square that you cut and put into flower pots. i would assume you can wrap those with paper and then just stick the lollipop in

danielsmommy2b
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I wanted to add about my experience with the styrofoam cone thing... it leaves green stuff all over the lolliop sticks...

Here was mine (sorry the pic is far away)... it worked great but you have to wipe the sticks off and they make your hands feel wierd, lol!

tyesmommy
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 4:01 PM

thanks for the advice, i was going to be chead and get the green foam, but where did you get the giant garlandish thing in the backgroud? store or homemade

Quoting danielsmommy2b:

I wanted to add about my experience with the styrofoam cone thing... it leaves green stuff all over the lolliop sticks...

Here was mine (sorry the pic is far away)... it worked great but you have to wipe the sticks off and they make your hands feel wierd, lol!

schoolmomof2
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM

You got the twisted lollipops right? You could fill the container you want with rice or floral foam then cover it with paper. you could also use a shirt sized gift box with cut floral foam inside to fit then wrap like a present then just poke the lollipops through.

emnaylor
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:50 PM

You could use the white foam board also.

If it happens to be a Halloween/Fall party, I just saw a pumpkin with lollipops in them (I think it was Martha Stewart). If you use a wood block, just drill little holes (or hammer nails, then remove the nails??)

danielsmommy2b
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Shindigz.com

It came in this kit, I think Party City sales this kit as well...

Outdoor Carnival Decorating Kit

http://www.shindigz.com/party/Outdoor-Carnival-Decorating-Kit.cfm

thanks for the advice, i was going to be chead and get the green foam, but where did you get the giant garlandish thing in the backgroud? store or homemade

Quoting danielsmommy2b:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)