Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

$$$ cost of your parties...

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2007 at 10:37 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have slowed down this year and I feel so much better about it all..

My daughter turned 4 on 10/15  and we had a simple cake/ice cream and pizza party for her (high school musical theme).... We had 2 friends and 4 cousins come over along with great granparetns and grandparents...

I think this year I spent about $100 with cake, pizza, gift bags, gift....

Last year, It rained and flooded for her 3rd party~The theme was Princess~I ended up having it in the garage with 50 People!!  We had a pinata, balloon maker, hot dogs and chili and nachos, huge cake, gift bags, and that party was around $400. It was fun but she still reminds me of her garage party....

Year before for her 2nd party,  It was Farm Animal Theme...that party was around $2000!  We had just purchased our house and so noone had been here~we live on an acre so we did 2 moonwalks, petting zoo, hay toy find, pony rides, etc...We had straw hats for the kids, bandana print everything....animals all over the yard....pot belly pig, ponies, chickens, ducks, rabbits, goats..It was too much fun!!!!  Huge cake  and huge goodie bags...We had about 100 people here for that party!!

1st party was for adults...$500 and I served rib eyes, salad, baked potatoes for our friends and family...Had a pinata and cake..but she slept most of the day

I guess the older they get, sometimes the parties get cheaper~ or at least in my case....
by on Oct. 23, 2007 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momma_lizzie
by on Oct. 23, 2007 at 11:03 AM
lol... all those sound like a bunch of work!

I wasn't 'allowed' to have a first birthday for my son.  His dad, my ex hubby was very very controlling and said he didn't need it.  So I just bought stuff for cupcakes... like 5 bucks and then I got him two presents secretly with daddy's credit card so I spent like 30 bucks hahaa.

But this year for birthday number 2... we went all out and you know what?  It wasn't that much at all.  About 150 including the pinata, the pizza, the drinks, the gift bags, everything. 

<3 lizzie

Mommy4two
by on Oct. 23, 2007 at 11:25 AM
Tristan's 1st birthday we did it at chuck e cheese spent 100 dollars including the tip on everyone...

2nd birthday at the park did Madagascar everything pinata, goodie bags, even the food was fit for an animal at the zoo lol...spent around 200

3rd chuck e cheese again spent only 50 dollars I got smart I used two coupons to feed 8 adults and 5 kids and it was plenty

4th and Grace's 1st park....I think I've got a theme going on here lol...Don't know how much yet he is doing spiderman and grace is princess colors....
leslierf
by on Oct. 23, 2007 at 12:12 PM
Dang! I wish i could do that!
When i was growing up, my mom went all out...family party with at least 50 people, then the kid party. Don't know how she did it on an appretice's income then in the 70's (i'm sure she never told dad what they really cost either). i do the same now too for sentimental reasons...i remember the great parties she gave and want my my boys to have the same. seems by the time all is said and done were at least $1000 for both.  but we (hubby's game for it too, thank goodness) enjoy it and it's worth it to us when my son remembers something 'cool' from that party....We've made a positive memory in him....Hope the same for the 1-year old!
I should mention too, that the boys really don't get much of a gift from us....with so much from others, we see that ours pale in comparison to all the toys they get. We do new jammy's and bath toys, some treats and gift card to mcdonalds; about $20 when said and done. and he was happy.

LeslieRF

Mom of 2 boys, wife, daughter, sister, mechanical engineer, Southern Living at HOME independent consultant, blah blah blah....

ima247mom
by on Nov. 11, 2007 at 12:45 AM
TRY AFTERNOON AROUND 2 YOU DONT NEED LUNCH THEN AND THEY GO HOME FOR SUPPER,
Jaclyn26
by on Nov. 13, 2007 at 8:01 PM
Adopt me please!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN