Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Ghostbuster Birthday party

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM
  • 25 Replies
My son is wanting to have a Ghostbusters party. He will be turning 7. I know they don't make any of the party supplies anymore. I also can't find any ideas on how to throw a Ghostbuster party. I need some help please!!
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM

check toys r us they had toys over the holidays

Honeybun09
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Sorry I don't know but that's an awesome idea. Love Ghostbusters :P

Pregnancy Ticker

Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Oh and get the child some grey overalls and make a protron thing oh and the movie in the back ground and make slimmer punch just use gelatin or melted sherbert

auroragold
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Get a huge box like from an appliance (ask on FreeCycle or Craigslist if you need) and paint it like the ambulance.

Look on line for anything with the Pillsbury Dough Boy - maybe even figurines

Make slime - I have a recipe ......

Let's think on how to make the gun things.............

auroragold
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Oh - easy to find the logo online - you can print that out and use it on just about anything (goodie bags, invitation, etc.)

Stick with the red/white/black color theme - - maybe add a bit of green for Slimer!

auroragold
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 8:19 PM

oh BACKPACKS!!

I've seen simple canvas backpacks on Oriental Trading.  You can easily add an iron-on patch with the logo!

luvlavender
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 9:05 AM

I found this post online that shows some great ideas to decorate with a movie poster, ghosts, and red tablecloth. Also shows a cake design:

http://forums.ghostbusters.net/showthread.php?t=10136

Look at this link for the goodie bags and the balloon bunch. That large white ghost balloon is still available every year around Halloween, so you should be able to find them online:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18042

More ideas found online:

- Capture ghosts (apples) in a slime mould (pink jelly). Think of it as a pie eating contest, but to get the apple out of a mould of jelly.

-GB crafts!!!, lol, making the Sta-Puft man and then roasting it in the campfire, make a GB action figure with popsicle stickes

-a ghost shaped pinata. they are still available online, since they are always popular at Halloween.

-What if you had the kiddos make slime (aka Oobleck)? Oobleck is both a solid and a liquid. You could have small containers for them each to take their slime home with them as a goodie. All you need is corn starch, water, food coloring, and the container/baggie. Here's a link to a recipe I found online: http://www.kinderteacher.com/oobleck.htm . This sounds like a fun party!!! :)

-Here's a great recipe for making your own slime :

http://www.sciencebob.com/experiments/polymer.php

-Ghost catching- "easter egg hunt" for little ghosts

-Slime monsters- making "slime" out of green or pink jello (depending on if we want GB1 or GB2) and hiding little trinkets inside...maybe doing a spin on bobbing for apples?

-Making "slime"- using one of those Borax recipes to make their own silly putty.

-Stay-Puff Men- toothpicks and marshmallows to make little men

-Pin the Proton Ray on the Ghost- self explanatory.

good luck

My current fave website for free kids party ideas is: Fun Kids Party Ideas.com

kmrtigger
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM

kmrtigger
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM

kmrtigger
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Game idea ~

Ghost Busters

Everyone is a ghost buster-the object of the game is to find as many ghosts during the party as possible. The winner at the end of the party gets a prize. Ghosts can be little cut outs, which are easy to hide, or if you aren't trying to limit the amount of sugar, lolli-ghosts are good for this game as well. Lollipops are covered with a white tissue, which is tied around the top of the lollipop with a piece of string so that the folds of the tissue fall around the stick like a ghost's sheet. Eyes are optional.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)