Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Tangled ~~ Ideas, so I can get everything together.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

So DD will be 7 yrs old in July, I know I am way early on planning.  I will have to put most everything in lay away, So I figure if I can get a jump on it it will help take the blow out of needing it all at once. 

I will get the themed plates, cups and of course the cake, but the napkins and and all that I will probably just do a color from the theme.  I thought maybe little crowns for the "princess" at the party since kids rarely wear a actual party hat anyway.  What ideas can you give me for the party.

Thanks Ladies. 

birthday sweetpea

by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:07 AM

http://www.supermommoments.com/2011/01/tangled-birthday-invite/

http://www.supermommoments.com/2011/01/tangled-party-decor-food/

when Rapunzel and Flynn visit the village square for the lantern festival they eat baguettes and cheese. easy homemade artisan bread and got cheese: gouda. To go along with the cheese and bread we served purple grapes, blueberries and blackberries.

Rapunzel’s favorite Hazelnut Soup. Gothel (the name of Rapunzel’s kidnapper mom) would always say, “I’m making Hazelnut Soup, your favorite!”  recipe for Hazelnut Soup

Jello Boats. They were inspired by the movie’s lake scene where Flynn and Rapunzel are out on the boat watching the big lantern send off.

The minute I saw the purple bunting with a sun icon stretched across the village square in the movie, I knew I had to make one for the party. I designed this free Tangled Sun Banner template that you can download and print to make one yourself.

Pascal Party Blowers.  Pascal Party Blowers

Probably one of the most impressive things in the Tangled movie are the floating lanterns released by the kingdom every year on Rapunzel’s birthday. I thought a lantern send-off would be the perfect way to end our party, but I’d never seen these lanterns before and wasn’t even sure if they were safe. It took a bit of digging to find that the floating lanterns in the movie were inspired by Flying Sky or Wish Lanterns used traditionally in some Asian cultures (Kongming is the Chinese name for the lanterns.)

I was eventually able to locate a supplier that had floating rice paper lanterns available in several shapes and colors. I ordered a variety in purple, pink and yellow.

The sky lanterns work like hot air balloons but on a smaller scale. To send them off one person holds the paper lantern up, while another lights the fuel cell. The lantern fills with hot air and begins to lift off.

We decided the safest way to do it would be to tie the lanterns down, sort of like a kite, keeping them under control at all times. Rapunzel’s hair yarn did the job quite nicely.

in the movie, Rapunzel colors on the sidewalk in the village with a bunch of kids. I set out the chalk and the kids entertained themselves drawing pictures

Since Rapunzel is trapped in a tower all day, every day, for about 18 years, she becomes quite skilled at drawing and painting, among other things. Since my little princess also loves painting, I thought watercolors would be the perfect party favor for her to give to her friends. I found inexpensive watercolor paint sets at a local craft store. I removed the existing labels from the packaging and then put on a personalized “Rapunzel Paints” label.

As a favor to you, here is a free printable Rapunzel Paints label template that you can download and print on a full-sheet label to make your own paint set party favors.

I found all of this online, I have not done a Rapunzel party yet.

Dimples04
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:09 AM

OMG! I LOVE YOU!!!! Those are adorable.  

lanceandhailey
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I'm also an advance party planner.. My daughter's birthday is June 30th, and I have started already as well LOL

Dimples04
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Nothing wrong with that girl.  She will love these ideas.  Thanks again.

iansusie
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 3:43 PM

those are awesome ideas!

ArmyPrincess81
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Party city has some items too :)

kmrtigger
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.supermommoments.com/2011/01/tangled-party-decor-food/

Disney's Tangled Party Invitation Ideas

Get your party guests excited for your child's Tangled party with magical invitations. Here are some ideas to inspire you.

• Attach one of our Rapunzel Raunzel personalized invitations to a clip-in hair extension, princess tiara or Tangled doll.

• Cut dark gray paper into the shape of a frying pan. In the middle of the pan, write your party details in silver marker. If you'd like, add gold stars or gold glitter around the edge of the frying pan.

• Cut a piece of yellow construction paper into a 5 x 11-inches long strip. Write your party details and a cute poem on the strip of paper. Decorate the paper with stickers. Fold the paper up four times like an accordion so that the card will unravel when unfolded. If you'd like, you can use the poem below for your Tangled invitation.
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, please let down your hair,

We're celebrating [child's name]'s birthday so it's time to prepare!

So get out your hairspray, your brush and your comb,

We can't wait to get Tangled with you in our home!

justgrape723
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 5:58 PM

get some yarn.....lots of it and make a l-o-n-g braid and maybe get some poster board or butchers paper and paint a castle wall and use that for a photo op. make a smaller braid and play pin the braid on the princess.........(draw a picture of the back of the princesses head, on poster board don't use a real kid...lol)

you can buy tulle really cheaply and make princess gowns for them to wear over their clothes just make the skirts and either have them tie or us elastic

kmrtigger
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 5:59 PM

How about some Pascal Cupcakes!

A cute cake idea:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)