Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

keeping hot dogs warm without electricity?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

Any proven ideas on how to keep a large amount of hot dogs warm without electricity ? I plan on boiling them, could I then put them in buns, wrap in foil and cover in a pan? I dont want them to get warm, or give my guests food poisening from them sitting out.

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ethansmom101001
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 6:06 PM

don't put them in the bun and wrag in foil because then it gets all soggy

crazybusymama3
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM

YOu could bake some bricks and  put them under some foil and wrap the hotdogs in foil...then do the buns when you get there....Put the foil covered bricks in a cake pan then the hotdogs on top of them....

ethansmom101001
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM

could you put them in a crock pot with water get them cooked and hot then take them to the party in the crock pot just as they are? They'd stay warm then

ethansmom101001
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Also walmart sells the tin containers with the fire that goes under them, buffet style

tyesmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 6:09 PM

well you are in luck, because hot dogs have so much stuff in them that they can set out for awhile...

If you boil t95hem i would advise you keep them in a big metal pot wrapped in foil, inmy area we have people who sell corn, and they are always hot and fresh, and they walk around with carts

beanielips
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM
Do you have a roaster oven?
If you do, heat the hotdogs make sure they are dry, bun and foil them.
Make sure the roaster oven is hot, put them in there, put on the lid, with the oven plugged in until you go to leave. Wrap it in towels. We did this when we sold them for a fundraiser and every shake they tasted fine.

One time we also used an ice chest to keep them warm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimSanAntonio
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM

thanks, i think i will do the crock pot idea. once i get to the location, can i set them up in buns and leave them out? also, what is the buffet tin called at walmart?

schoolmomof2
by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I was going to suggest the brick idea!

Quoting crazybusymama3:

YOu could bake some bricks and  put them under some foil and wrap the hotdogs in foil...then do the buns when you get there....Put the foil covered bricks in a cake pan then the hotdogs on top of them....

Funguideswife
by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 9:28 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this!

Quoting crazybusymama3:

kmrtigger
by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Quoting KimSanAntonio:

thanks, i think i will do the crock pot idea. once i get to the location, can i set them up in buns and leave them out? also, what is the buffet tin called at walmart?

They sell the tins in the party supply aisle near the wedding supplies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN