Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Home or Park?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 9:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Between the two, where would you pick to have a 1st birthday party?

Options:

Your Home

A Park

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

Ok, I am driving myself crazy on trying to make a decision on where to have my son's 1st birthday party. Here are my choices...

1) Park - the pavillion is literally right next to the park which is so nice! There is a lake there and it's a really nice park in general. My downfalls are.. I know how 1yr old parties go..and if he is ready for a nap it's not like I can put him in his bed. Plus, I would have to bring the highchair, and the whole mess with the cake. My oldest needed a bath asap after the cake..and how would I do that at a park?

2) My house  I would have the convenience if Noah needed a nap/bath then it wouldn't be a problem. I was going to get a Bounce House for the older kids, then dh would grill burgers, etc. But then I have to worry about everyone in the house, the mess, cleaning up... Plus the cost of renting a Bounce House isn't really worth it, so we would just buy one (I know I will get use out of it over the yrs between the 2 kids) and I found one on sale @ walmart for $199.

Weather temp isn't really an issue since we live in Florida. Between the 2, which would you pick?

by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommyVilla
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 10:01 PM
From my own personal experience, the park is too hard for a 1st birthday!!!

I earned $380.00 In October doing CashCrate........

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
glitter-graphics.com

glitter-graphics.com

katiebug49
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 1:46 AM
From my experience it was so much easier for the first one to be at home, especially with them so little. After that then the park is always good. You have to clean up afterwards at either place...

Anyways you need any advise... let me know. I am an Event Planner

www.myspace.com/kogenevents

Just PM me.

mom_of_2twins
by on Nov. 4, 2007 at 9:59 PM

I would take the because then you would not have to worry about people going in and out all day and you would not have to clean up that big of a mess ,If the weather is nice then they park would be a very good thing to do.sometime you might have to compermise on things .I think i would rather have a party outside then in side because if things got spilled on the carpet you would have to clean it up right away but if it was outside and something got spilled then you don't have to worry about the clean up as much ,So if i were you i would do it outside he will love it he might not want to go to sleep when there is a party going on and he is outside have him take a good nap before the party.
Lots of luck Mom_of_2twins

NebraskaMomof2
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 9:35 AM
Unless you are only planning on having the party for an hour or less I would go with having the party at your house. The park is great for older kids, but not for a 1-year old for long periods of time. To a 1 year old, parties are very overwhelming and at some point during it he will most likely need either a nap or somewhere where he can unwind without the commotion of a bunch of people. The best place to comfort him during this is in his own bedroom where he feels the most comfortable. It may be a little more work for you but the environment will be so much better for your little boy. It's completely up to you of course, but my opinion is that home for his first party will be easier on you. Good luck!!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

abcjetts
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 1:42 PM
My vote is for home.  We had the triplets first birthday at home and it worked out great for us. After is was over they just laid down for their naps and that gave the adults plenty of time to visit (and help clean up, ha ha).
Meswtp
by on Nov. 5, 2007 at 7:54 PM
As much as I love parks for parties with little ones home would be better.  There are fences and walls less chance of little ones wondering off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)