Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays
ok does this make me the worst mommy in the world??  my little boy will be 2 mid dec ..and we just moved to texas a couple of months ago..so my husband and i talked about it and he says lets NOT have his 2nd birthday party...his thing is we dont know that many kids to invite (due to the time of his party, right there at christmas).  i have been planning his party (nothing set, just ideas and lists and stuff) for months now.  but now he just wants to have a cake and presents and maybe take Brandon to Chuck E Cheese for his b-day, just the 3 of us...

because im not fighting him about it, does this make me a bad mommy..i mean i want to have him a party, but i understand his side too, no point in spending 100+ dollars or more for  a party and then no one show up??!!

what to do?????
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 5:34 PM
Replies (21-21):
windsor6062
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Quoting rosemagic01:

invite others to chucky cheese with you! Dont make it a huge party make it know that your celebrating there and not footing the bill but any one is more than welcome to join you!!! I doubt any one knowing your situation would think twice about it.

Not a bad mommy and I understand your guilt you wanna go above and beyond but some times money SUCKS and yyou dont get a choice even if you really want one.

if you don't have the money, i think it would be special for you son just to have his family there to celebrate his birthday.  you are NOT a bad mom.  kids don't understand your situation, but they know how much their parents love them.  and, that is all that matters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN