Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Winter party ideas

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2007 at 1:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ladies,

I am in need of some good party ideas.
My kids were all born in December, the 2nd, the 6th and the 25th.
They will be 9, 6 and 15.  I am out of ideas......stumped for what to do, it's way to close the christmas to have a "big" party with everyone buying gifts and stuff........Help!!

by on Nov. 12, 2007 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jaclyn26
by on Nov. 13, 2007 at 7:51 PM
oh my! 3 b-day parties in december! wow!!

My baby was born Dec. 1st and I am doing a winter theme since I found all kinds of cheap snowmen and snowflake decorations at the dollar store! hahaha
Im so cheap!
I even have 3 different kinds of plush snowmen to decorate with, then hand out as gifts to the kids that come to his party. =]

crazedmomof5
by on Nov. 14, 2007 at 1:46 PM
Your 9 & 6 yr olds might enjoy a skating party. You could rent the whole rink & do them together. Invite all their friends get 2 cakes (his/hers). It's no fuss no muss, and it's still early enough in Dec that noone will mind buying gifts. My kids go to lots of BD parties in Dec. I 've never minded buying gifts. As for your 15 yr old...Maybe he won't mind waiting a few days! Maybe you could let him have a New Year's Eve/B-Day Bash! Music, dancing, snacks, chaperones!!! LOL I know I would have loved that!
TACangel
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 8:28 AM
Awesome Ideas ladies.
I Love the Birthday Bash/New Years party idea, I totally have the room for it too........Awesome, and of course ironically my kids love skating.

Has anyone ever done the build a bear party?
I am just wondering if it's worth my time or not.

Love everyone's help, i must now get busy planning........LOL

wmmcdaniel
by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 8:34 AM
im doing build a bear today withthe kdis for a baday party i will let u knwo how it goes
wcjsrj04
by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 9:34 PM
Hello,
I took my son/daughter to Build a Bear for my son's first birthday they enjoyed it but it can become very costly....they say you can build a bear for $10 and you can but when the kids see all the options the $10 will go out the window, and if you clothed the bear, that is where the money is, they have all these out fits and gadgets for the bears, it is so expense. The experience is short. There is a little song while building and an "air" bath, naming the bear but it is not a very long process. I would recomend checking the facility out first without the kids a decide if it fits in your budget, Hope this helps.
mamballyglam
by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 2:32 PM
My daughter will be 7 on December 3, so just around the corner.  We were thinking we would do an old fashioned birthday party with "pin the tail on the donkey," balloon races, lifesaver pass, and drop the clothespins into the jar games.  I would make homemade cupcakes and serve juice boxes.  The only hurdle now is where to have it since we live in an apartment. 

Where we live, you never know whether it will be sunny and 80 degrees or snowing on Dec. 3.  It could go either way.  If we knew it would be nice we could have it at the park but there definitely needs to be a back up plan.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)