Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Mickey needs your help!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 4:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
Any ideas? i have about a month to plan an awesome party for my son's 1st birthday ...in need of ideas! i have zero ideas for centerpieces.Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jessmomto2boys
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Do you have a theme?

psychobilly_mom
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Mickey mouse :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
craftylady213
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Mickey Mouse Party Invitations

Here is a way to design the invitation yourself:

1. Create the shape of Mickey’s head and ears from black cardstock. First make a pattern that you can use. (Tip: Buy your envelopes first; then choose round shapes to trace that will fit inside the envelope.) Trace a round container lid onto cardboard to create Mickey’s face. Then use a smaller lid to trace two ears.
  2. Cut out the head and use as a template to cut enough invitations from black cardstock.
  3. Next, print the invitation details onto white paper. Cut out the wording in a circle shape that is ½ inch smaller than Mickey’s head.
  4. Glue the white circle onto the black head with some black showing all around.

craftylady213
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Mickey Mouse Party Decorations

• Use clusters of balloons and streamers in red, black and yellow, just like the colors in Mickey’s Clubhouse.
  • Set the table with a Mickey Mouse tablecover and matching plates. Or use solid colored table covers, plates and napkins in the red, black and yellow.
  • Make a centerpiece by attaching some balloons to the hand of a stuffed Mickey toy.
  • Create a Mickey Mouse face on each guest with a washable black marker. Draw a round black nose and three whiskers on each cheek.
  • Hand out Mickey Mouse ears for the kids to wear.
  • Gather all the toys you own such as Mickey, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy. Use them as decorations or set them on a low table for the guests to play with.
  • Tie a balloon to the back of each chair, and tie a group of five balloons to the birthday child’s chair.
  • Hang a Mickey Mouse piñata as a decoration, and it becomes an activity later in the party.
craftylady213
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Mickey Mouse Party Games

• Mickey’s Sing-Along – Play a CD of music from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and let the children dance and sing along with the songs.
  • Mouse Ears Hunt – Before the party, hide a pair of Mickey Mouse ears for each child. Keep the hiding spots fairly easy, like hanging from a shelf, perched on top of a sofa cushion or peeking out from under a table. Send the children on a mouse hunt to find their ears. They can wear the ears during the rest of the party.
  • Mickey Says – Play a few rounds of Simon Says but change the name to “Mickey Says”.
  • I Spy – Before the party, hang some coloring pages of Mickey and all his friends in different spots throughout the party room. Then start the game by saying “I spy Mickey wearing a party hat” and see who can find the matching page first.
  • Mickey Mouse Coloring Pages – Check out this list of free Mickey Mouse coloring pages . Just print out enough copies for your guests, and provide crayons and markers.
  • A Mickey Mouse pull string pinata is always a hit with the kids!
craftylady213
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Mickey Mouse Party Food

• Mice love cheese and peanut butter, so make sandwiches and cut them with a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter.
  • Serve a platter of cheese and crackers. Cut some of the cheese into slices and some of it into little cubes. Cheese crackers are also a good choice.
  • Mouse Cupcakes – Make each child a Mouse cupcake. Press two Oreos into the frosting with the ends sticking up to create the two ears. Add mini M&M’s to make the eyes and nose, and add three whiskers on each side cut from black licorice string. Very cute!
  • Mickey Mouse Cake – Use cupcakes to form Mickey’s head
  • Another Mickey Cake – The basic method is to bake a round cake and set two large cupcakes next to the top edge for the ears. Cover it all with chocolate frosting and then use a tube of white decorator icing to draw the eyes, nose and mouth. 
  • Or decorate the birthday cake with a Mickey Mouse cake topper.
ArmyPrincess81
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Have you checked out catchmyparty.com? They have tons of mickey parties

ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥ Army Wife, Mommy to a Princess & a Prince ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥

craftylady213
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM

We did my dd turned 1 we also had a mickey themed b-day party.  I found a magician that had choices of costume he would wear. One was a Mickey costume.  It was very cute.  I had purchased a Minne Mouse dress for my dd to wear.  This was one of my favorite parties.

psychobilly_mom
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Thanks alot for all the great ideas~!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN