Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

*New Pinata Pics* Toy Story Jessie/Cowgirl Party Progress, Ideas, Advice

Posted by   + Show Post

I finished the pinata & I think it turned out okay for such an odd shaped character lol. His snout looks a little questionalble...but who cares he's being smashed!  It's about 38 inches tall.  I had to paint it because it's impossible to find brown tissue paper around here :( I tried to order online(kinda last minute) but they only sold in bulk and etsy prices were crazy.  But the craft paint was cheap & it worked.  I can't wait to see this thing smashed because it was a *swear word* to make lol.  What do you think??  Oh, and if anyone has any other fun game ideas please post em here.  I have lots of pirzes for the kids!!

Hi I'm back!  I've had computer problems since December and then Photo problems and blah!  My computer crashed, I lost photshop, problems with Flickr...  But I recently bought a new photoshop disk & I'm using photobucket now for pics. 

Anyway, the next theme is Cowgirl Jessie!  I need help on deciding which invites to print(have to print tomorrow) and I also have an extra pack of goodybags if anyone throwing a Jessie party wants them.  I'll pay for shipping, I just want to make sure someone who gets them is having a Toy Story or Jessie party.  If a lot of people want them just post saying so it and I'll do the random.org thing in about a week. 

On to the pics!  Here's what I bought/made so far.

Outfits for pics & maybe for the party.  My grandma made the skirt, I bought the shirt for $7, underskirt for $8, the other outfit I just used clothes from a thrift store and painted them to look like Jessie's oh and added some white felt for the fringies.  Felt hat from walmart that I later took off the black and added white ribbon.

Boots from Disney online shop for $25

Gift from Disney, got it all on sale!

Centerpieces?  I tried to find actual cowboy boots for this but I found these cups for about $1 each, not sure about them though...not what I wanted...Opinions?

Charms for an activity.  Jessie & Buzz for the boys.  Got these off of ebay.

Got these little figures off of ebay for super cheap!  I bought the labes from someone on esty & printed them off. 

Cake topper

Jumbo wall decorations from ebay.  Not a deal lol.  All of the Jessie party stuff was way expensive on ebay :(

Banner I made with printables & scrapbook paper.  I don't have a cricut :/

For the cake table.  I also got some of those push up cake pop containers & hopefull I can make some cute treats to go along with the theme.

Hanging decorations I made with left over paper from her last party & pics printed off the internet.

Hat, not sure if I should put the "A" decoration on or not...what do you think?

Hats for Guests

Bandanas for guests.  Slappy bracelets for pinata.

Decorations

Okay invites, which one should I print?

I also need ideas for games.  I tried & tried to find pony rides but there's nothing like that around here.  She doesn't care though she said we can just play games lol.  We are having a pinata(I'm ATTEMPTING to make a Bullseye pinata), printed off pin the tail on bullseye, root beer ring toss, making bracelets, making farm balloon animals, and possible a needle in a haystack game.  Not sure about that one since it sounds so messy.  Any ideas?  For crafts or games?  I have a lot of prizes for the kids that I got from target clearance & the dollar store.  Thanks!!

by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
SleuthMaria
by on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GeorGeZilla:

For the cake I'm just going to make a two layer cake with cowprint on the bottom, yellow with red trim on the top with bullseye & jessie figures.  I really suck at cakes but I'm making hers this year because lately we've been buying bakery cakes that are so not worth the money.  I'm making cupcakes as well, if the cake is a fail they'll be back up.

You can have the bags if no one else is interested by Tuesday!  I think you're the only one so far.  If there is someone else I'll do a drawing type thing. 
A Paris party sounds so cute!  Hope you post pics afterwards!

Thanks. I'll have to wait until I get pics from my Dad. Could be a while, he's notoriously slow at getting pics on his computer & even slower at actually getting them to me. I forgot to charge my camera batteries & they were dead. :( Ended up doing a lot less than originally planned b/c of low attendance. :( The kids enjoyed the party, though & that was the most important thing. The cake sounds really cute! For my 8 year old's Paris party, I just did a 9 X 13, tinted chocolate frosting blackish, rolled out fondant & used a cookie cutter to cut out an Eiffel Tower which I sprayed gold (using Duff's edible spray paint stuff). After frosting the cake, my 4 year old helped put the Eiffel Tower on & then my 8 & 4 year old helped sprinkle edible silver stars on the cake to complete the "Eiffel Tower" night scene my 8 year old wanted. 

chrarrington18
by on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Quoting GeorGeZilla:

Quoting chrarrington18:

Hey...... Awesome ideas and party Dec. My sons Batman party is the first week of Nov and I and so behind on things. Can't wait to see the end results.

Awesome!  My nephew turning 4 in November wants a Spiderman party.  I don't have too many ideas for a spidey party though, and hate that their birthdays are so close together and then it's the holidays :/

I so understand. Its my sons bday, christmas then in feb my daughters. If you count the adults mine and my sons are the same day then my grandmother, christmas their dad then my daughters

CafeMom Tickers
GeorGeZilla
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:51 AM

SleuthMaria - Your cake sounds awesome!  I'm so nervous about making a cake though, I might just make then cupcakes :/  Glad the kids had fun at the party, I know that for my parties they don't care about the decorations & stuff, only having fun with their buddies and eating cake!  So I'm guess all the details are just for myself...lol

Chrarrington18 - Oh I can't even count the adult bdays inbetween holidays & birthdays, there's too many!!  Our family likes to have holiday gatherings & parties too, it's kind of crazy lol.

GeorGeZilla
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2011 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SleuthMaria:

I might have to borrow some ideas for my 4 year old's Toy Story Party. What are you doing for the cake? I've been looking for Toy Story cake pictures to get ideas & can't find any, yet. If no one has spoken for them, yet, we could use the extra bags you have. Both invites are adorable! Seeing your pictures reminds me how much I still need to do for the party next month, but I gotta get through my 8 year old's Paris party on Sat before I can focus on it. Would love any ideas you might want to share. Thanks!

The goodie bags are yours SleuthMaria!!  PM me your address & I'll mail them soon.  And just to be safe, the date you need them by.

bonniewilson
by on Oct. 12, 2011 at 10:31 PM

This is so awesome! My son(toddler) had a WOODY party. We roasted hot dogs/marhmallows, had a gold hunt (painted rocks/pennies, rings in sand) & a mr potato head race(putting together MPH blindfolded/partners taking turns). His was way smaller scale. But I love this! (Her friends are jealous.)

GeorGeZilla
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Thank you!!  Your party sounds like a lot of fun, especially the gold hunt!!  I'm not good with games so I really, really, really hope this freakin' pinata turns out lol.

supermeof3
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Your cake sounds REALLY cute!

Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting GeorGeZilla:

For the cake I'm just going to make a two layer cake with cowprint on the bottom, yellow with red trim on the top with bullseye & jessie figures.  I really suck at cakes but I'm making hers this year because lately we've been buying bakery cakes that are so not worth the money.  I'm making cupcakes as well, if the cake is a fail they'll be back up.

You can have the bags if no one else is interested by Tuesday!  I think you're the only one so far.  If there is someone else I'll do a drawing type thing. 
A Paris party sounds so cute!  Hope you post pics afterwards!

Thanks. I'll have to wait until I get pics from my Dad. Could be a while, he's notoriously slow at getting pics on his computer & even slower at actually getting them to me. I forgot to charge my camera batteries & they were dead. :( Ended up doing a lot less than originally planned b/c of low attendance. :( The kids enjoyed the party, though & that was the most important thing. The cake sounds really cute! For my 8 year old's Paris party, I just did a 9 X 13, tinted chocolate frosting blackish, rolled out fondant & used a cookie cutter to cut out an Eiffel Tower which I sprayed gold (using Duff's edible spray paint stuff). After frosting the cake, my 4 year old helped put the Eiffel Tower on & then my 8 & 4 year old helped sprinkle edible silver stars on the cake to complete the "Eiffel Tower" night scene my 8 year old wanted. 

SleuthMaria
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Quoting GeorGeZilla:

Quoting SleuthMaria:

I might have to borrow some ideas for my 4 year old's Toy Story Party. What are you doing for the cake? I've been looking for Toy Story cake pictures to get ideas & can't find any, yet. If no one has spoken for them, yet, we could use the extra bags you have. Both invites are adorable! Seeing your pictures reminds me how much I still need to do for the party next month, but I gotta get through my 8 year old's Paris party on Sat before I can focus on it. Would love any ideas you might want to share. Thanks!

The goodie bags are yours SleuthMaria!!  PM me your address & I'll mail them soon.  And just to be safe, the date you need them by.

Thank you, so much!

GeorGeZilla
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2011 at 5:59 AM

I JUST finished the Bullseye pinata & it turned out okay!!  I hope she loves it!!  The party is in six days already...Time sure flies when you're planning parties doesn't it??

craftylady213
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 1:58 PM

It sure does!  Hope you will post pictures of all that you have done.  Looking forward to seeing your hard work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)