Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6th Birthday

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 12:22 PM
  • 8 Replies
My son turns 6 in Feb. I have no idea what kind of party to through him. Any ideas?

by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jeni2671
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Check out this website.

http://noahsarkworkshop.com

ilvmyboys
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 12:56 PM
We just had a Superhero birthday party for my six year old.  He loves superhero everything!  We had all the kids dress up as their favoite superhero.  It was a ball!  We played pin the bat on batman, good guys vs. villians (with silly string) and we had a scavenger hunt for the goody bags at the end. . . saying Joker stole the bags and we had to find them.  Each clue had something to do with a famous villian.  All the kids had a ball!
bubblegum2007
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 12:59 PM
what is he into?
mooseyme
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 2:25 PM
Love the silly string and the goody bags stolen by the villian idea!

KJ

Sharing birthday party ideas between moms
www.birthdaypartyideas4kids.com 
It's nice to share! 

Shelly10676
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 4:45 PM
He likes Nascar, Spiderman, all boy things. We did a Nascar party for his 2nd party and that was fun.

sourlikealime
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 4:04 PM

what does your son like? Thats the first question to figuring out any birthday party.

My son's first B-day he loved Mc Donalds --- it wasn't original but it turned out great and he had a wonderful time.

His 3rd birthday he was into batman so we had a guy come dressed as batman and he pretty much did the show. I had all the guests come dressed as thier favorite superhero. I took pics with each of the kids with batman and included the pics in with the thank you notes.

My son's 7th Birthday was the funnest though -- we did a pirate theme and I decorated the garage as an ocean -- I made some pirate ships out of refridge boxes and put all kinds of sea creatures hanging from everywhere. they played games like walk the plank, they bombed each other with flour balls, they played with silly string. I made invitations on my computer and then burned the edeges and put a little sand in a bottle and some shells like a message in a bottle. I took old babywipe containers and painted them brown and teh kids added stickers and jewels to them. I already had thier names on them. I made a treasure hunt with a treasure map and they had to follow it to find thier goody bags. We decorated the dining room like a tropical island by hanging flamingos and bright flowers. We put a hula skirt around the table. Then in the living room I hung to black sheets making a triangle to make a black cave and we wrote inside of it on the sheets with glow in the dark spray paint. I gave each of the kids a cool pirate name. We bought Long John Silvers for the kids to eat. Oh and when thy first arrived we had a pledge they had to say to earn thier pirate name. And we put fake tattoos on them and mustaches and eye patches. We had so much fun and his friends still talk about that party.

Shelly10676
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 4:20 PM
That is the thing I am having problems with this year. He really isn't into anything. I am hoping the golf course down the road will be open by then which I doubt, since they haven't broken ground yet.

windsor6062
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 4:23 PM
since your son isn't into anything right now, you don't need to have a theme party.  you could take them bowling, skating, or swimming.  you even could have a slumper party/video game party.  i know most little boys love their video games.  all you would have to do is get snack foods, drinks, and a cake.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)