Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Birthday party menu

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 8:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok ladies - I need ideas. I am having a circus themed birthday party for my son's 1st birthday.  I have everything except the menu. I want to serve circus food but haven't been to a circus since I was a kid so I just don't remember what you get there! I have hot dogs, and hamburgers, popcorn. cotton candy will be in the favor bags as well as animal crackers. No peanuts for allergy reasons. What else is there?  I am having adults as well so there has to be more than just that. Any suggestions?
by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
iluvcallalilies
by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 9:00 PM
Corn Dogs
Snow Cones
Cracker Jacks

Make Jell-o Jigglers and cut them out in circus animal shapes

Also, Clown Ice Cream Cones
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/cake/cake_icecrmclown/

Kayla's 1st Christmas! Emily's 3rd Christmas!

mooseyme
by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 10:24 PM
We had nachos when we went to the circus - but it doesn't sound very circus-ey :)

The animal cracker idea is really cute!  What kind of games are you going to play? 

KJ

Sharing birthday party ideas between moms
Free birthday party advice, themes, games and activities. 

Ausmas
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 2:25 PM
i have a pin the nose on the clown game, face painting and balloon animals (hopefully anyway!) We also have a bounce house.  hopefully it is will be warm enough to put them outside as well.  the kids range in age from 1 to 4 years old so there will be much going on! wish me luck! :)
windsor6062
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 11:03 AM
in high school, one girl made a carousel cake.  it was a round cake.  she stuck animal crackers on the side and made the rails to them.  it was a really cute cake.  i don't have any pictures.  sorry, but this has been 10 years since i saw this cake made.  you can also go to parents.com.  click into the fun tab.  find the birthday themes.  you should see circus theme, and it will give you lots of ideas for the whole party, not just the cake. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN