Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Luv Bug Party!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 7:16 AM
  • 6 Replies

My baby will be turning one in February- we are doing a "Love Bug" theme- I have lady bugs to decorate with, a recipe for little handmade lady bug chocolates for take home goodies, a birthday banner, coloring sheets for the kids, and a lady bug craft- I think I'm covered, but I'm trying to decide, should this be a big party with friends and family or just small- for family (keeping in mind just my husbands family could mean up to 30 people).

I'm kinda running low on energy and not feeling well lately, and that makes me lean towards smaller is better- but all my other kids have had huge first birthdays- what would you do?

by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Elizma001
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Wow, that could be a lot people at one party, idk what I would do??? Maybe a little smaller.............? It does not have to be a big party to have fun or a great one?

jeffsgirl9
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I totally understand. My husbands family is huge compared to mine. He has 6 siblings, they are all married or in a relationship and all have at least one child. It's hard trying to plan a "small" party because it's family that makes it so big. Then if you don't invite some one they may get offended. If you aren't feeling up to it then just have family over. 

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I would just have family. I hope you feel better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I love a big party.Love your theme!

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I agree..That is a lot of people. I would totally lean towards smaller is better.

LOVE your theme btw--i ♥ ladybugs!

feel better soon!

ArmyPrincess81
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 3:50 PM

My son's 1st birthday we had well over 50 family and friends but we also had a big bbq at a local park which worked space wise. Also my family chipped in with the cooking, all I had to do was bring the decorations and the cake. For my daughter we were about 2hrs from home so we only had 10 ppl at her 1st party. I mean its all up to you, if you feel like entertaining alot of guests then I say go big. If you're really not into it then do it small.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN