Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

party for a 4 year old girl.

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 5:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
ok this year will be our first "friend" b-day party.  I'm not really ready for this yet but All the kids at her school are having parties so I will feel bad if I don't give her a party.  BUT her b-day is in february and I don't know what to do.
we have gone to parties at chuck e cheese and it's ok
i thought of doing one of those princess/tea parties???? but most of her friends are boys and hate to exclude them.....But I think she would LOVE that.  Anyone have any ideas??????
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
iluvcallalilies
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 5:38 PM
Princess /Dress Up / Tea Parties can be a lot of fun. (see www.birthdaypartyideas.com for a lot of ideas).

To include the boys, what if it is a "Dress Up/ Costume Party" and the girls are princesses while the boys are knights or princes? You can get the supplies to they make their tiaras, crowns, crests, etc (foam crafts are easy and cute - see Hobby Lobby or Michael's).

Instead of calling it a Tea Party, call it Lunch and serve fun kid foods (sandwiches cut out in fun shapes, cheese and crackers, jello jigglers, etc).

Kayla's 1st Christmas! Emily's 3rd Christmas!

lacieruhl
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 6:37 PM
on the same note as the last post, you could do a princess and pirate party

I make decorated cookies, they make great party favors. Fully customizable from shape. color and decorations. They ship well!!!
www.asugaraffair.com
lacie@asugaraffair.com
windsor6062
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 9:59 AM
my little girl is turning 3 on dec 10th.  i asked her what she would like her party to be.  she told me that she wanted to have a princess birthday party, so that is what i'm planning.  for the little girls, of course they are going to get crowns with the princess on them.  i made the boys crowns out of foam, so they didn't feel left out. i believe that some of the little girls are coming to the party dressed as princess, so this is what my daughter is going to wear.   you can have a josting contest for the boys, and a different game for the little girls.  it doesn't have to be all girly.  just make it fun for both sexes
for a thank you for the parents that came.  at walmart or a craft store, you can find a set of magnets that is called tea party.  i made these and put alexis' picture in them as a thank you.  my grandma went nuts over them.  i hope this this gives you some ideas. 

LuvMy2Kidos
by on Nov. 23, 2007 at 2:26 PM
My little girl is having her 4th bday this Sunday, boy how time flies!
She wanted a Princess party. There will be about 6 girls and 6 boys there, I am doing it at my house. I got a castle jumper and its not a dress up party, but they will be making crowns. Boys can wear crowns too, like a prince or a princess. I also ordered special large crayons to give away.. the girls are getting princess crown crayons that say princess, and the boys are getting frog crayons... like the princess kisses the frog. LOL Anyhow, its themed, but not that much so boys and girls can have fun! :) Enjoy!

Here is the invites I made for her... too cute!

tamayra
by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 8:50 AM

I saw your post and wanted to let you know that I do those types of parties and I am in Plainfield only about 20 minutes from you.  If you would like you can see my website at www.mypartypalace.com and check it out.  I have a daughter whose birthday is in Feb and her best friend is a boy so she is going to have a Princess/ Knight tea party.  I have prince capes and what my nephew will do is while the girls are getting ready with their hair,  makeup and nails he is going to make his own crown and when the girls get their tiarras on stage he will get his crown and become a prince.  Then they will do their tea party and at the end when the girls are stuffing their pink poodles to take home he is going to make a dalmation dog.  Let me know if you would like to come and see the place, if you only wanted to do the girls you could just have a small tea party playdate as well, just some ideas.  The girls love coming and getting dressed up, that's why I am doing other things like play dates and special days or nights.  We are doing a Cookies and Cocoa with Cinderella in Dec and if you would like I could send you some more info.  My email is plainfield@mypartypalace.com so let me know if I can help in anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)