Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD wants a Mario Party!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM
  • 14 Replies
Lol. I really don't know why either. She wants Mario & Princess Peach! Ideas ladies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyPrincess81
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Just take Luigi out and replace him with the Princess :)

http://catchmyparty.com/parties/browse/all/all/all/super%20mario

ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥ Army Wife, Mommy to a Princess & a Prince ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥

Love planning parties? Join us in Party Planning Mama's. Click here !

nscr24x17x3
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Party city has a lot of Mario stuff now including favors and most of the stuff is 99 cents

Alejandra10
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Im making a Mario luigi party theirs a lot of stuff out there i been checking on interest ill post the url to my Mario post the ladies have helped me out lot just put more peach into it or if you really want a more girl theme u can do princess peach and princess daisy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

We did this for my daughters 5th birthday- we had a blast with it.

I found some plan baseball caps for the boys and cut out some red M's to put on the hats so they could be Mario. The girls got to decorate crowns and were encouraged to come dressed as a princess.  We drapped plastic table cloth that was pink down the walls and bunched it together- it was princess peaches castle.  We also kinda recreated the scene from the video game where it is Princess Peache's birthday- so I had wrapped gifts with bad guys peaking out of them.  

For the boys I got some plastic pipe from the hardware store and painted it green, they decorated a cut out of a mario bad guy and then glued it to the inside of the pipe on a popcycle stick.  We gave them 'fire and ice' balls to throw into the pipe and 'get the bad guy'.  

We also went to the craft store and made some mini mushrooms out of wooden dowls and a rounded wood top.  I'm going to try to find some photos of the party so you can see.  :)

gacgbaker
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Oh and we also set the table for the girls like it was a kings table- we had goblets (plastic ones) and nice plastic plates that looked like china- we got all that at Sams.  

We also did a pinata that was a pirncess crown and we put pretend money in it- each kid grabbed the coins and came to spend the money at the 'candy bar' I had set up- we did root beer barrels, mushroom candies (found at Amazon.com), and some other princess ring candies, licorice, and a few other odds and ends.

There are some cute mushroom ideas here:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/api/search?Ntt=mushroom

Mholley1979
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:18 AM
This site had the best parties....also you can download the video game music and play it during the party....

Quoting ArmyPrincess81:

Just take Luigi out and replace him with the Princess :)

http://catchmyparty.com/parties/browse/all/all/all/super%20mario

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:30 AM

olivejuicebby
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Some sweet ideas up there!! 
Sounds fun!! 

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Great idea ladies.Love the pics!

Mholley1979
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM
This looked awesome!

Quoting gacgbaker:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)