Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Need help planning a gender reveal party

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

DH and I are expecting baby #3 and decided to have a gender reveal party instead of a baby shower. My step mom and sister in laws are helping plan and my sister in law is throwing the party. But none of us have ever been to a gender reveal party, so we have no idea what we should do lol. We know that we are cutting the cake to reveal the gender. But should there be games? What kind of food should we serve ect? The theme is going to be bumble bee, anyway any imput you ladies have will be much appriciated!

by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:27 PM

http://baby-shower-decoration-ideas.com/gender-reveal-party-shower-guide/

ttcagirl86
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:28 PM

We were thinking about doing this when we found out what we're having. I couldn't stand not knowing by the time I had my ultrasound done though!
There are some really neat ideas for a gender reveal party! www.catchmyparty.com has some really cool ideas if you type in gener reveal in the search bar on their site.
Also try on pinterest. They have some pretty cool things too! Good luck!!
When are you due?

*~* Abby Arran Rose due March 30th, 2012 *~*

pregnancy

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

You could have the guest wear  pink or blue depending on what they think the baby will be.

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM

For games take different chocolate bars and melt them and put them into diapers and have everyone guess which chocolate they are.

Mikayla_lynn
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Thanks ladies :) I am not due until August, but we should be finding out the gender in about 6 weeks!!

ArmyPrincess81
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Gender reveals are just like baby showers except no one knows until the end..so play games.

http://catchmyparty.com/parties/browse/all/all/all/gender%20reveal

ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥ Army Wife, Mommy to a Princess & a Prince ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥

Love planning parties? Join us in Party Planning Mama's. Click here !

supermeof3
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Here are some games that the men can play :)

1) Speedy Diaper Change
After you blow up the balloons the men will have to successfully pin the diapers on to the balloons without popping them. Fastest player wins!
This game requires: safety pins, ballons and clothe diapers

2) Bottle Baby Shower Bowling
Put 8 baby bottles in a triangle formation at the end of a rectangular long table. At the other end of the table, the men will take turns bowling with a tennis ball or some other small ball. Each bottle knocked over is one point. The guy with the most points after three rounds wins. Assign a point keeper and have fun.
This game requires: a small ball or a tennis ball, eight baby bottles and a long table

3) When Men Give Birth
Baby shower games for men such as this one is going to be great. Have the men place a balloon under their shirt. Without using their hands they got to somehow get the balloon out of their shirt. Yup, they are giving birth!
This game requires: balloons and chairs

4) Baby Basketball
Get a good distance from the mini hoop, line up the guys in front of the hoop. After three minutes, the player with the most shots wins!
This game requires: mini basketball hoop, bunched up diaper

Alejandra10
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I have never been to one of those parties they must be fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)