Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Do you celebrate St. Patricks Day?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 18 Replies

We usually do a little something.  We put shamrocks in the window and make eithe corned beef & cabbage or a brisket.   Anyone else?

by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrarrington18
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really. I dress the kids in something green that's about it. I might do cupcakes with green frosting. Yea sound like a plan. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyPrincess81
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 2:07 PM

We don't do anything special. The kids get a green shirt and we decorate our little celebration tree with green

ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥ Army Wife, Mommy to a Princess & a Prince ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥

Love planning parties? Join us in Party Planning Mama's. Click here !

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM

i MAKE POTATOE SOUP , and wear green. Also have some kind of green desert.

earthangel1967
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

happy st. patricks day st. patricks day  Even though none of us are irish we dont care we still do something or other to celebrate bc as the 5 kids were growing up I was addicted to finding reasons to make a day into a special fun memory.

EVERY St. Patricks Day the kids thought it was funny that I would hide all the other cereal and only have Lucky Charms available that day and I would die the milk green. They knew I was going to do that every year but they liked it.

I also told them that mischievious little leprechauns took over the house on st patricks day so they never knew what might little tricks they may play or treats they may leave and when they would laugh and say MOMMM we know its you (even when they were older teens lol )I would say NO I swear its not its the leprechauns! and we'd all giggle.

1. One they thought they was really gross but so hilarious is I cut out the pic of the lucky charms leprechaun by the rainbow and wrote rainbow to the "Pot" of "Gold" on it and taped it to the underside of the toilet lid hahaha well I didn't the leprechauns did haha

2. Then they might find something like golden coins (pot of gold) and skittles (rainbow) on their bed pillows

or one time they had long sour green apple licorice hanging off their bedroom doorknobs when they got home from school.

Things like that.

In the evening I would make or buy them some type of green dessert for after dinner.

A few times we rented movies with fairies and elves in them or such.

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

OH and of course we wore green.

YVONNE

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM

nope. nothing around here

nscr24x17x3
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

we go to the st. patty's day parade a few towns over and the girls are dressed in all green. we usually make cornbeef and cabbage for dinner and some kind of green desert. We also do st. patty's day crafts and decorate.

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM

We wear green and make some Irish treats.

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM
No we don't go all out for it but already thinking of cute ideas for a playdate!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermeof3
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Mmmm, I love potato soup!  so does my youngest dd, I might make that too! lol

Quoting Alieda:

i MAKE POTATOE SOUP , and wear green. Also have some kind of green desert.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)