Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Sensational Strawberry Cupcakes With White Chocolate Buttercream

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM
  • 6 Replies

Sensational Strawberry Cupcakes With White Chocolate Buttercream

Posted by Maressa Brown on February 22, 2012 at 9:13 AM

strawberry cupcakes with white chocolate buttercream frostingBerries have been on sale at my local Whole Foods, so I'm taking that as a sign that warmer weather is coming! Or at the very least that it's time to start thinking about lighter, fluffier, spring-ready treats. And even if the reality is that we do have a few more weeks of winter to go (boo!), cupcakes are welcome any month of the year.

Consider Strawberry Cupcakes frosted with White Chocolate Buttercream. How sweet would it be to bring these to a baby or bridal shower, a b-day party, or a breezy Saturday afternoon picnic? (Okay, any random afternoon.) What's more, the recipe actually calls for strawberry Nesquik (which was my little sister's fave treat when she was a kid). How can you go wrong?

Strawberry Cupcakes adapted from King Arthur Flour’s The Baking Sheet via MyAdventuresintheCountry.com

Ingredients:

• 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup strawberry Nesquik powder
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup strawberry applesauce
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract (I used vanilla bean paste)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 28 muffin cups with cupcakes liners. Set aside.
  2. Combine the flour, sugar, strawberry Nesquik, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of an electric stand mixer and whisk to remove any lumps.
  3. Next, add the softened butter and mix until mixture becomes crumbly. Increase the speed of the mixer and continue to mix until the crumbs start to cling together. (The mixture may or may not completely combine to form a paste and that’s okay.)
  4. Add the eggs and egg whites, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, being sure to scrape the bowl as you work. 
  5. Next, beat in the sour cream, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix until fluffy, but do not over-mix.
  6. Using a medium to large cookie scoop, place batter into lined muffin tins.
  7. Bake in 350°F oven for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from cupcake pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Once cooled, frost with white chocolate buttercream (recipe below) and top with chocolate covered strawberry, if desired.

White Chocolate Buttercream adapted from Food.com via MyAdventuresintheCountry.com

Ingredients:

• 6 oz. white chocolate, melted and cooled
  • 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
  • 2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. (You can use 30 second intervals at 50% power and chocolate is usually melted in about a minute.) Set aside to cool. 
  2. Meanwhile, cream the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add the cooled white chocolate and mix until frosting is smooth and creamy.
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dodie702
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Now that looks yummy!!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
ArmyPrincess81
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Yummy

ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥ Army Wife, Mommy to a Princess & a Prince ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥

Love planning parties? Join us in Party Planning Mama's. Click here !

haileys_mommy06
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM

YUMMY!

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I agree!!

Quoting Dodie702:

Now that looks yummy!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermeof3
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Yum!  I love strawberries!!! :)  Thanks for posting :)

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Love strawberries.This sounds good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN