Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

5 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Oscar Bash

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

5 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Oscar Bash

Posted by Emily Abbate on February 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM

The 84th Annual Oscars are almost here and I couldn't be more pumped. I mean, I'm all for gawking at Best Actor in a Leading Role nominees Brad Pitt and George Clooney any day! While host Billy Crystal is prepping his best A-list material this week, you too should be prepping for your own Academy Awards extravaganza, because hey, why not!? Oscar night is the perfect chance to jazz things up a notch. You know, get sophisticated. Feel fancy. Clank glasses. You get the picture.

Plus, who doesn't love a good excuse to cook up something delicious? Check out these 5 easy recipes for the perfect Oscar party:

1. Raspberry Champagne: No celebration is complete without a little bit of bubbly. Spruce up your fave brand of champagne with this easy Raspberry champagne recipe from Food Network. The best part? It only uses three ingredients.

Raspberry Champagne

2. Pigs in a Blanket: In honor of Best Picture nominee Moneyball, pay homage to the most classic ballpark food there is, hot dogs. This pigs in a blanket recipe from Down Home With the Neelys looks easy as can be, and is done in under 20 minutes! 

Pigs in a blanket

3. Croque Monsieur: Three of this year's Best Picture nominees (Hugo, War Horse, and Midnight in Paris) are set in the beautiful country of France. Get a little creative with Barefoot Contessa's recipe for Croque Monsieur. Essentially a French grilled cheese, this easy-to-make sandwich will be ready in 20 minutes, and leave your guests begging for more!

Croque Monsieur

4. Cupcake Poppers: Little macaroons are the coolest thing to hit the dessert circuit since mini cupcakes. Although they're deeeeelish, they are not super simple to make. Jump on the trend for your Oscar party without all the hassle by making these fun look a-likes.

Click here for Video

5. Caramel corn: What's a night all about movies without a little popcorn, right? This caramel corn recipe from Little Blue Hen looks super scrumptious.

Caramel corn for Oscars

Ingredients:

• Vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup popcorn kernels (popped however you choose)
  • 2 cups chopped nuts of your choice
  • 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Instructions: 1. Spray large bowl, two large baking sheets, and two rubber spatulas with oil. Then, place your popped popcorn in the bowl, and toss with nuts.

2. In medium saucepan, combine the butter, salt, and sugar, and cook over high heat for about 10 minutes.

3. Remove the pan from the stove and whisk in baking soda. Don't be worried, it's going to bubble up right away! Then, immediately pour the caramel over the nuts and popcorn. Toss with your two sprayed spatulas.

4. Pour the corn onto baking sheets and break apart into smaller chunks before it cools off. Give the deliciousness about 15 minutes to cool before eating.

Will you be watching the Oscars on Sunday night?

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ArmyPrincess81
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Yummy

ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥ Army Wife, Mommy to a Princess & a Prince ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥

Love planning parties? Join us in Party Planning Mama's. Click here !

Dodie702
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Those look sooo yummy! I don't think I'll be watching the Oscars though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermeof3
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Yummers ;)  I love finding fun reasons to make fun snacks ;)

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Oooo looks yummy! No I won't be watching the Oscars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Yum.Great recipes!!!

m4m4j
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Yum #3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN