Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Is 3 Months Enough Time to Plan a Small Wedding?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM
  • 18 Replies
The ring will be here anyday now and my SO will propose :) we want to get married in his grandparents backyard, about 60 people attending, and ideally for me, it'd be early June.
I would need to get my
Dress
Food figured out
Chairs and tables rented, possibly a dance floor
Decorations and centerpieces made myself
Dress for dd and SOs tux
Flowers
Music
All the other things I'm sure I'm not thinking about :)
Oh and I have about a $1500 budget, maybe a bit more.

CAN THIS BE DONE?! Or am I taking on the impossible?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM

i am sure it can be done... we planned our wedding in a week.. (well minus the decorations) and it was small church wedding. :)

supermeof3
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I think if you are frugal and practical, this is very possible :D   ...and very fun :)

SaraNicole1019
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Better get to it! :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilymarie07
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM
It can be done! Do homemade food. or go to your stores local deli and get chicken and cook other stuff. Dresses can be on clearance. It can be done my dh and I did on about... 1100.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies!! The hard part is that he hasn't proposed yet, we just bought the ring. But I want a June wedding!!! I told his mother and she looked at me like I was crazy. I don't want a huge fancy gala of a wedding, I just want a fun time with friends and family and to marry my best friend :) A CM friend offered to send me her centerpieces if I pay for shipping and if we go with a red, white and black theme it'll be PERFECT!!

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Awesome! I found the dress I like for $200, just don't know how much alterations are. The food wil either be done by the family and I or my in laws know the owner of a local joint who's catered for them before. If the price is right we'll go with them and save stress lol.

Quoting emilymarie07:

It can be done! Do homemade food. or go to your stores local deli and get chicken and cook other stuff. Dresses can be on clearance. It can be done my dh and I did on about... 1100.

emilymarie07
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Lol exactly lol. We ended up doing chicken and pasta at our local walmart. Then had a bunch of homemade stuff that we bought but our family made for us.we had a dj but we also got like a 200 discount because dh uncle worked with the guy. We rented out a hall and it came with the table and chairs. And we just got married in the hall and that cost about 250 to rent out. So our wedding wasn't the picture perfect wedding but it was nice and we also made our own center pieces. We actually did fish bowls! Lol. A lot of people liked the idea. We got little fish bowls and bought the pebbles that were our wedding colors and gold fishes. Good luck with the planning! And I promise it can be done! :)

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Awesome! I found the dress I like for $200, just don't know how much alterations are. The food wil either be done by the family and I or my in laws know the owner of a local joint who's catered for them before. If the price is right we'll go with them and save stress lol.

Quoting emilymarie07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM

i think it can be done!! but you MUST be as organized as possible!

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I'm scared lol. I really wanna get married June 8th but I gotta wait till he pops the question to start planning!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

i think it can be done!! but you MUST be as organized as possible!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Good luck! Sounds like your right on track. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN