Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

im planning my daughters first birthday! need tips

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm planning her first birthday and baptism for the same day. In July. I'm a sahm so it may sound easy and fun but its not. Hubby is always busy working so I don't ask for much of him the godmom wants everything handed to her in a silver platter and the goddad does anything he is asked to do. So I'm kinda doing it all on my own while watching an infant and being a housewife. So I need tips and advise!!! I need a way to organize myself I have so many thoughts and ideas but they are all mumbo jumbo!!! I really wish I was tori spelling!!
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyPrincess81
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I normally plan out ahead of time so that I am not rushed with a million things to do. Come up with either a color scheme or a theme and go from there. Go to http://www.pintrest.com/ for ideas. I also write down my ideas so that I don't forget them.

chrarrington18
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Get a party planning book.....marble notebook.....and write your ideas down. Pick a color scheme and theme and plan from there. I would focus on the bday and bring the baptism into somehow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lalahgator.
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Thats so smart!my dd is gonna be 2 in may and I've been putting off her baptism! I think ill combine them too!write down all your ideas and start calling bakerys catering party rentals etc for estimates and start a budget!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bxmommy2be
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Quoting Lalahgator.:

Thats so smart!my dd is gonna be 2 in may and I've been putting off her baptism! I think ill combine them too!write down all your ideas and start calling bakerys catering party rentals etc for estimates and start a budget!

I'm putting them together so we don't spend money on 2 parties. We got the place down and where we r getting the cake from the only thing I need to organize are decorations invitations party bags the little things oh and planning her outfits and mine and a whole bunch of other little things oooohhhh boy imma be bald when im done
Lalahgator.
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I procradinated a bunch last year! Outfit wise just color cordinate with your theme/color. I didn't do goodie bags. I set out a cookie bar with take home bags so people could stock up and go. Everyone loved it.

Quoting bxmommy2be:

Quoting Lalahgator.:

I'm putting them together so we don't spend money on 2 parties. We got the place down and where we r getting the cake from the only thing I need to organize are decorations invitations party bags the little things oh and planning her outfits and mine and a whole bunch of other little things oooohhhh boy imma be bald when im done

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bxmommy2be
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Quoting Lalahgator.:

That's a cute idea. Unfortunately the place I'm doing it at won't let me bring food other then the cake. And I'm adding bows for the girls in the goodie bags so I really wanna do those. It's hard doing them both together its gonna be a crazy day
Lalahgator.
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Goodluck!

Quoting bxmommy2be:

Quoting Lalahgator.:

That's a cute idea. Unfortunately the place I'm doing it at won't let me bring food other then the cake. And I'm adding bows for the girls in the goodie bags so I really wanna do those. It's hard doing them both together its gonna be a crazy day

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM

My biggest piece of advice is this: Don't try to do too much. These parties are more for us than for them.

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Write EVERYTHING down. 

You get an idea-write it down.

I would get everything settled for the baptism first. I'd do it in the early or mid morning.

Then have the party afterwards. 

Do you  know where you will have the party? Who you're inviting?

Food? Decorations?..

bxmommy2be
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:01 PM

i know where im doing it and i do have a list of the guests

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Write EVERYTHING down. 

You get an idea-write it down.

I would get everything settled for the baptism first. I'd do it in the early or mid morning.

Then have the party afterwards. 

Do you  know where you will have the party? Who you're inviting?

Food? Decorations?..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN