Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

What is the difference, baby shower and baby sprinkle?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:27 AM
  • 21 Replies

I've heard of a few friends having a baby sprinkle instead of a baby shower- it seems to be the same thing, both involve guests coming and bringing gifts for the baby, can someone fill me in on what the difference is?

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrarrington18
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM
A sprinkle is a small, small shower. It does invoice the same idea but on a way scalled back level. I had a huge shower for my son and a sprinkle for my daughter. There were literally 8 adults and 4 kids at the sprinkle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I heard a sprinkle was a baby shower you throw for yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyPrincess81
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I've never heard of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nsrush83
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:40 PM

A baby shower is where you get EVERYTHING you need..swings, carseat, stroller, ect. The bigger items.

A sprinkling is where you get things that you cant reuse with your 2nd child, baby wash, lotion, diapers, wipes, powder...

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Quoting nsrush83:

A baby shower is where you get EVERYTHING you need..swings, carseat, stroller, ect. The bigger items.

A sprinkling is where you get things that you cant reuse with your 2nd child, baby wash, lotion, diapers, wipes, powder...

Oh, that makes sense!  Do you think the etiquette would be the same?  Like you shouldn't have one for your second or third?  I never worry about following those rules when I get invited to one, I just go- but I'm just curious...

supermeof3
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Yep, sprinkle are a "smaller shower"  usually after a first child.  I had a sprinkle for my 4th.  I had a shower for my 1st and had a girl (then we found out when we were having our 4th that it was a boy).  My family threw us a "sprinkle" to get us started w/ some "boy things" since we didn't have anything "boy". lol

supermeof3
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Sprinkles are usually give after your first.

Quoting gacgbaker:

Quoting nsrush83:

Oh, that makes sense!  Do you think the etiquette would be the same?  Like you shouldn't have one for your second or third?  I never worry about following those rules when I get invited to one, I just go- but I'm just curious...

nsrush83
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Shes right. Usually baby sprinkles are for people that already have a child and are pregnant with the 2nd, 3rd, ect.

Full blown shower for the 1st child and sprinklings for any other children.

Quoting supermeof3:

Sprinkles are usually give after your first.

Quoting gacgbaker:

Quoting nsrush83:

estrada_m0mmy
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Quoting ArmyPrincess81:

I've never heard of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I never heard of it before but it sounds cute

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN