Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Sleep over ideas for 9 year old girls

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2007 at 9:48 AM
  • 2 Replies
Hello!!  My daughter will be turning 9 in December and wants to have a sleepover for her party.  Now will be 8 months pregnant by that time and I don't want 15 little girls spending the night, so how can I invite all her friends but only have a few spend the night without having drama??  And if you have any game ideas as well that would be great!!  Thanks ladies!

Come check out my group Moms of elementary children

www.cafemom.com/group/elementaryagechildren

by on Nov. 27, 2007 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lesterdawn
by on Nov. 28, 2007 at 4:07 PM
Well, this is a tough one since 8 and 9 year old girls are all about drama.  I know that my DD had a friend that moved out of town and when she came home for a visit she had a skating party and invited all of her friends, but on the invites of those friends she was closest too, she put a special invite to spend the night.  When it come to having only a few stay, I think if you have the funnest party activities when everyone else is there the ones who go home won't feel like they missed out on too much.  And  if the girls do feel left out, you can just be honest with them, tell them you don't feel as up to having them all stay at once, and that maybe at a later date your DD could invite different ones to stay over, kind of do it in shifts as you feel up to it.  I know my daughters friends are sweet little girls and they might feel a little disappointed at first, but they would understand,and there moms are good at helping out with that too. Hope this helps.  Good luck on the party and the up coming little one!
Game ideas, well at my 7 year olds lastparty she went too they did a lot of "girlly things"  they played Karaoke, and the mother even set up a mock mall, the girls got play money and went from "store to store" and got to do different activities like make lip gloss, and decorate flip flops.  With itbeing Christmas they could maybe decorate cookies or make special hot chocolate drinks with sprinkles and whip topping etc.  The mom also made special little mix CD's with some of her daughters favorite girl songs on it and put a CD cover on it that said "Megan's Birthday Mix".  Just some ideas hope they help, sorry so long!
bubblegum2007
by on Nov. 28, 2007 at 4:10 PM
MY DAUGHTER HAS A SLUMBER PARTY EVERY YEAR FOR HER BDAY... EITHER THAT OR I WILL TAKE A COUPLE FRIENDS OUT SOMEWHERE INSTEAD..
ANYWAYS I ALWAYS LIMIT IT TO THE AMOUNT OF SEATS IN MY RIG - IN CASE I NEED TO TRANSPORT THEM... WHICH ENDS UP BEING 4 + MY DAUGHTER.
I WAS THINKING THIS YEAR OF INVITING MORE AND HAVING SOME LEAVE EARLY BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT EITHER. MAYBE HAVE SOME SPEND THE NIGHT AND THE REST GET TO GO DO SOMETHING TOGETHER THE NEXT DAY?? LIKE GO SKATING OR SOMETHING INEXPENSIVE??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN