Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

New - Need help with

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2007 at 6:38 PM
  • 1 Replies

my daughter's 4th birthday party.  I reserved a gymnastic center for my daughter's 4th birthday.  I decided to do this because our house is too small to do a birthday party for our family and a couple of friends.

I am inviting my side of the family which consists of my mom, step-dad, brother, SIL and their 5 kids (ages range from 4 - 11).  Also I am inviting my husband's side of the family which consists of MIL, FIL, BIL, SIL, neice (she is 13 yrs old) and my other BIL.  Also we are inviting a couple of our family friends which consists of 2 little girls who will be 3 & 4, their parents and then another one of my friends' with her little boy who will be 3. 

My question's that I have are:
Should I provide any food?  The party will be at 3:00 in the afternoon and I will be providing cake and ice cream along with drinks.  Do I really need any snacks or food??
Should I hand out favors, and if so what could I get for all of the kids considering their ages are  3 - 13 years old?

Thanks for any advice!!

Jen   

Stop by and sign my guest book

by on Nov. 27, 2007 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
iluvcallalilies
by on Nov. 27, 2007 at 6:43 PM
I think Cake and Ice Cream is sufficient for 3pm.

I like a simply "treat" for the goodies. For dd's we made foam purses, wings, and tiaras as their treat.

One idea for that age range is to make Candy bar wrappers (I found templates on google for DD's 1st bday, but you can do this for ANY age), wrap them around a standard Hershey bar and give one to each child.

Another idea is to buy a bouquet of balloons and send each child home with a balloon.

Let's talk about New Year's Eve... come to: http://www.cafemom.com/group/happynewyear

Kayla's 1st Christmas! Emily's 3rd Christmas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN