Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 11: Thoroughly Dust and Vacuum

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM
  • 126 Replies

What would a cleaning challenge be without a little dusting and vacuuming? Today's task will have you breathing better!

Use a damp rag followed by a soft dry one and make dust disappear – then vacuum with a vengeance! Don’t forget to wipe down the windowsills, baseboards, TVs and computers, etc. And be sure to vacuum behind the furniture, the coils on the fridge, under the beds, etc., etc. It's tough work but better air quality and shiny surfaces will make it worth it!

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto? (And which task do you like better?!)

sweepingIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for The Spring Cleaning Challenge, click here.

by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiddo0820
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM
I dusted and vacuumed like crazy yesterday. I prefer vacuuming
dstoutholcomb
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM

done

countrygirlkat
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:23 AM

It is too late to do this now, but I will start tomorrow. 

bec94
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Haha I've already done this! I also changed the air filters. I even took down the vents and scrubbed them in the tub because my dust rag wasn't getting it all. I also soaked and scrubbed my blinds. Vacuuming is easier, but dusting with the dusting polish make the house smell so good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I need to dust for sure. I haven't dusted since we moved in at the end of January. I will do that this weekend.

muslimahpj
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I dusted the other day, but it is time to do it again, I guess and sweep and mop my floors. Bleh, I hate doing the floors.

bayliesmommy
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:28 AM
I really need to do this!!! I need to get some gloves though. I need to bleach the walls and windowsils!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pse07
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM
it has been a few weeks. But I love vaccuming
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanAndCoral
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I prefer to vacuum

Cafe Kristin
by Head Admin on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Wow! You are hardcore, bec94! (and I rhymed. hehe) I think you deserve a day off after that!! :)

Quoting bec94:

Haha I've already done this! I also changed the air filters. I even took down the vents and scrubbed them in the tub because my dust rag wasn't getting it all. I also soaked and scrubbed my blinds. Vacuuming is easier, but dusting with the dusting polish make the house smell so good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN