Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 11: Thoroughly Dust and Vacuum

Posted by   + Show Post

What would a cleaning challenge be without a little dusting and vacuuming? Today's task will have you breathing better!

Use a damp rag followed by a soft dry one and make dust disappear – then vacuum with a vengeance! Don’t forget to wipe down the windowsills, baseboards, TVs and computers, etc. And be sure to vacuum behind the furniture, the coils on the fridge, under the beds, etc., etc. It's tough work but better air quality and shiny surfaces will make it worth it!

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto? (And which task do you like better?!)

sweepingIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for The Spring Cleaning Challenge, click here.

by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
Jenni_Lynne71
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Oh man! I want one of those!!!! Lol!

Quoting inmybizz:

I use mine on tile and carpet..I love it..It does a great job cleaning the floors(I have a dog that sheds)..It's so easy- it cleans the floors, goes back to the docking station, i empty thefilter the next morning...  

Quoting larschick:

I want one if they work on hardwood!

Quoting inmybizz:

I actually vacuum everyday- well, the irobot does. I have it set to vacuum every evening when we go to bed. I dust once a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larschick
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Yep I want one for mothers day!!!

Quoting Jenni_Lynne71:

Oh man! I want one of those!!!! Lol!

Quoting inmybizz:

I use mine on tile and carpet..I love it..It does a great job cleaning the floors(I have a dog that sheds)..It's so easy- it cleans the floors, goes back to the docking station, i empty thefilter the next morning...  

Quoting larschick:

I want one if they work on hardwood!

Quoting inmybizz:

I actually vacuum everyday- well, the irobot does. I have it set to vacuum every evening when we go to bed. I dust once a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Actually, yesterday. Only my bedroom, though.

othermom

It has beena  little while. I have to vacume tonight

Thelmama

Those things are like dust magnests...I will get on it. I am sure they need it again.

Bmat
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Last week I vacuumed and dusted my computer and office. :)  I prefer vacuuming.

barnwell84
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I try to vacuum at least once or twice a week, but sometimes that doesn't happen.  I cleaned the baseboards shortly after we moved in when we realized that half the walls were lightly covered in dog hair.  I will be deep cleaning all of that in a couple of months when we get ready to move.

ishie4ever
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I need to buy a new vacuum cleaner. I sweep an mop daily though. But I do need to dust.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megs0824
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM
I like to vacuum and love the swiffer duster
SFerber
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I love the vacuuming aspect to dusting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)