Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Ballet Theme Party

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yes I know it is March but I want to gather some ideas for a Ballet Party for my dd when she turns 3 next Feb. Any ideas ladies would be great!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Googled this

INVITATION:  I found ballerina slipper invitations at Target by Anna Griffin.  They were adorable!   DECORATIONS:  Tulle, tulle and more tulle!  Becuase we had a lot of people invited, we used our garage to host the party. I wanted to turn it into a ballerina princess wonderland.  I draped tulle with white christmas lights from the ceiling.  Across the tables, I wound tulle. In the center of the tables, I had glass jars from IKEA that I hot glued pink tulle around the rim and then covered with a ribbon to look like the jar was wearing a tutu. I then anchored a tiarra at the bottom of the jar. The glass jars with tulle were filled with sparkly star wands that I got at Oriental Trading Company and had glued additionall tulle to them. I also made the same jars and filled them with pink colored candy for a candy table for all the little sweeties. I also made a centerpiece using a cake plate that I wound tulle trough to look like a tutu and then placed my daughter's ballet shoes, a tiarra and a wand in the center. I encircled tulle around the drink bucket and stand to make that look like it was wearing" a tutu as well. I tied pink tulle to the back of the chairs to make those look like they were "wearing" a tutu.  I had two arrangments of pink balloons with one ballerina mylar balloon in each arrangement. ACTIVITIES GAMES COSTUMES: We had a ballerina slipper pinata. We also played pin the tutu on the ballerina. I found a ballerina color page and blew it up onto posterboard and then colored it. I cut out tutus from pink tulle and fastened them on construction paper.  I also had wooden cutouts of princesses from Joann Fabric's dollar aisle that the girls colored. I "hired" my daughter's ballet instructor and she provided a quick ballet lesson for the kids using the frog prince theme so as to include the boys and girls.   PARTY SNACKS:  For the adults we had spaghetti.  For the french bread I used a tutu cookie cutter to cut the bread. I found pastel swirl bread at Easter and froze it for the party (1 week later)  I used the same bread to make PB & J sandwices for the kids.  I also cut those out with the cookie cutter.  I used a drink dispenser from Pottery Barn and made pink punch. I wrapped pink tulle around the drink dispenser for the princess pink punch. The kids loved it. CAKE:  I didn't have time to make a cake so I had that made. But I did make cupcakes. I found princess tiarra cupcake sleeves form hobby lobby and used those.  I used pink buttercream frosting.  I placed a ballerina cupcake pick on top that I found on Ebay - a ballerina princess cupcake :)  FAVORS: For the girls I made them each a "ballerina" bag. I got white canvas bags from hobby lobby and hot glued pink tulle to the top to look like a tutu. I used pink puffy paint to write each of their names on the bag. In the bags were all items from the Target dollar aile - tutus wands tiarras ballet slippers. I also found tutu purses from LTD that I filled with a ballerina slipper ornament ballerina bubbles bracelets tattoos etc. For the boys I found knight in shining armor items from the dollar store including helmets sponge swords chest plates coat or arms. I found coordinating bags from the Target dollar aisle to put each knight's items in."

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • Choose pink and white as the colors for decorations such as table covers, streamers, and balloons.

• Greet your guests with a large group of pink and white balloons outside your front door and a cascade of bubbles from a bubble machine.

• Ask your guests to wear dance leotards. When the girls arrive, give each a tutu and tiara to wear. This will make them all feel like ballerinas! Purchase the items, or make your own! To make a simple ballet tutu, just gather pink netting, and sew a strip of satin ribbon around the waist. Include enough extra ribbon on each end to create a tie in back.

• Hang clear twinkle lights around the party space.

• Make large tissue paper flowers in shades of pink and white, and use them as your table centerpiece. See our easy Tissue Paper Flower Kit, or purchase your own supplies and use our instructions for making tissue flowers. Arrange groups of flowers on the tables and floors, hang them from the ceiling, or tie them to your guests' chairs.

• Hang tulle netting from the ceiling to create a canopy over the main party table. Attach some butterflies and flowers from a craft store.

• Play well-known ballet music such as Swan Lake or The Nutcracker.

• Bring your full-length mirror into the party room, and lean it against the wall so the ballerinas can see themselves.
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Party Favor Ideas

Ballerina Party Favors

Thank the guests for attending your child's ballerina party with fun party favors like tiaras, stickers, hair accessories, coloring books, fancy pens, and bubbles. Or, to simplify your planning, consider our complete Favor Sets which include matching bags! Try favors like:

chrarrington18
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Quoting momofsixangels:

• Choose pink and white as the colors for decorations such as table covers, streamers, and balloons.

• Greet your guests with a large group of pink and white balloons outside your front door and a cascade of bubbles from a bubble machine.

• Ask your guests to wear dance leotards. When the girls arrive, give each a tutu and tiara to wear. This will make them all feel like ballerinas! Purchase the items, or make your own! To make a simple ballet tutu, just gather pink netting, and sew a strip of satin ribbon around the waist. Include enough extra ribbon on each end to create a tie in back.

• Hang clear twinkle lights around the party space.

• Make large tissue paper flowers in shades of pink and white, and use them as your table centerpiece. See our easy Tissue Paper Flower Kit, or purchase your own supplies and use our instructions for making tissue flowers. Arrange groups of flowers on the tables and floors, hang them from the ceiling, or tie them to your guests' chairs.

• Hang tulle netting from the ceiling to create a canopy over the main party table. Attach some butterflies and flowers from a craft store.

• Play well-known ballet music such as Swan Lake or The Nutcracker.

• Bring your full-length mirror into the party room, and lean it against the wall so the ballerinas can see themselves.

I love it

CafeMom Tickers
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM

http://blowoutparty.com/blog/2011/01/glittery-ballerina-birthday-party/

Dodie702
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM
You could make no sew tutu's for the b-day girl and party guests. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutcake
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I like the cute ballet slippers cut up cake pattern .  You only need a 9x13 pan.   A ballerina cake is also coming soon.  

EDDES
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM

You can get a Pinata shaped like Ballet Slippers or like a Ballerina, for a cake topper, you can add a Ballerina, all the girls could be asked to wear tutus and ballet slippers, they can wear partie hats shaped like little tiaras.

momofsixangels
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

The girls could watch the nutcracker on video

ArmyPrincess81
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM

You can have them wear tutus and ballet slippers

ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥ Army Wife, Mommy to a Princess & a Prince ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥

Love planning parties? Join us in Party Planning Mama's. Click here !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN