Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Budget solutions for fun at parties

momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

No need to rent a photo booth -- create your own studio with a homemade backdrop, digital camera, and a color printer. (You can easily upload images to bighugelabs.com to apply free, playful photo borders.)

Entertain yourself. Hiring an entertainer can rack up the bucks. Just take a trip to your local vintage store and put together a costume of your own. Parents make great magicians, clowns, fortune tellers, and superheroes.

Taking kids to a sporting event costs a ton. Hire your child's gym teacher to run an afternoon of fun drills instead.

Make a backyard bowling alley. Add a few drops of food coloring to ten clear plastic bottles of water. Stand them up on flat ground, use party streamers as lane margins, and score a strike for saving cash.

Create your own at-home movie theater. Give each child an admission ticket and invite the kids to visit the concession stand for popcorn, gummy candies, and juice.

Forget the amusement park. Take the party to the neighborhood park and give each child an admission armband. Serve amusement-park food and lemonade, and set up a "tattoo" booth and a face-painting station.

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
chrarrington18
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I am definatly going to do the first one for my dd party. I can't wait to see all the little girls in tutus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM

great ideas! Love the photo booth idea!

Dodie702
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I do too! Too cute!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

great ideas! Love the photo booth idea!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermeof3
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Great post, I love the first idea w/ the photos :D

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM

good

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)