Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Tie Dye Party -- Lots of Questions =/ :::UPDATED:::

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM
  • 30 Replies

Hello ladies I need tips and ideas to pull of an easy Tie Dye party for my DD. Its not for a bday though, this is why I would like to keep it simple. I want to do it because she is always asking me for her preschool friends to come over, I was working so much that I never really made friends with the other moms enough to invite them over for a playdate. My normal work week use to be about 55 hours even some weekends. BUT now I'm FREE!!! I stopped working less than 2 months ago, but the school year is almost over (her's ends in May).

Should I do it as an end of the year thing??? If so should I do it on a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning since the last day of school is May 30th. OR just pick any date before the end of the school year???

What are some cute ideas items I can use at my party...? We will of course be dying some shirts. Should I purchase the shirts or ask people to get them?

How can I word the invite?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Sounds like fun.I would do it the fri or sat that school ends on.I would purchase the shirts.Check Michael's.

Supervane
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I went to Walmart and found tons of tie dye kits on clearance for like 3.50. Now I just need the t shirts :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alejandra10
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM
You can buy the packs of undershirts.

Quoting Supervane:

I went to Walmart and found tons of tie dye kits on clearance for like 3.50. Now I just need the t shirts :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Berry Tye Dye Fruit by the foot would be an easy inexpensive snack

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM

TIE DYE CUPCAKES ♥

**All recipes are taken from either the Taste of Home Cake Mix Treats or the Betty Crocker Best Cupcakes and Cakes books!**

Yields: 24 Cupcakes
Ingredients:
  • 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist white cake mix
  • Water, Vegetable Oil, and Eggs as called for on box
  • Betty Crocker gel food colors or paste food colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
  • 2 containers (1 lb each) Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy white frosting

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place white paper baking cup in each of 24 regular size muffin cups. Make cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes using water, vegetable oil, and egg whites. Divide batter evenly among 6 medium bowls. Add a different food color to each bowl to make red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. Place 1 level teaspoon of each color batter into each muffin cup, layering colors in order of rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple). DO NOT STIR! Each cup will be about 1/2 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Move to cooling rack. Cool completely.
  2. Divide frosting evenly among 3 medium bowls. Tint 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 blue with food colors. Refrigerate about 30 minutes. In large (16-inch) disposable decorating bag fitted with #6 star tip, place spoonfuls of each color frosting side by side in bag, alternating colors and working up from tip of bag. DO NOT STIR COLORS TOGETHER! Starting at 12 o'clock on outer edge of each cupcake and using constant pressure on the bag, pipe frosting clockwise for 3 rotations, working toward center and ending in a small peak.

Or  you can do the frosting colors this style using a toothpick and different colors

•  

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM

http://www.amazingmoms.com/parties/tie-dye-birthday-party_44205

Supplies for plates etc that can pass for NON birthday tye dye party

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Another really cool, super easy and super inexpensive idea to add tye dye atmosphere is to serve a clear soda like 7 up or such with rainbow icecubes like this.... (using food color dyes)

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I think, I would personally do it at the end of the year bc it would act like a triple celebration - tye dye party and end of school and beginning of summer vacation fun.

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)