Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tie Dye Party -- Lots of Questions =/ :::UPDATED:::

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello ladies I need tips and ideas to pull of an easy Tie Dye party for my DD. Its not for a bday though, this is why I would like to keep it simple. I want to do it because she is always asking me for her preschool friends to come over, I was working so much that I never really made friends with the other moms enough to invite them over for a playdate. My normal work week use to be about 55 hours even some weekends. BUT now I'm FREE!!! I stopped working less than 2 months ago, but the school year is almost over (her's ends in May).

Should I do it as an end of the year thing??? If so should I do it on a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning since the last day of school is May 30th. OR just pick any date before the end of the school year???

What are some cute ideas items I can use at my party...? We will of course be dying some shirts. Should I purchase the shirts or ask people to get them?

How can I word the invite?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
EvilQueenMommy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Pinned Image

EvilQueenMommy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Pinned Image

EvilQueenMommy

Pinned Image

EvilQueenMommy

Pinned Image

EvilQueenMommy

Pinned Image

baquick
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I'd do it at the end of the year. And buy a pack of undershirts from Walmart or target.

On the invite you can say "shirts will be provided, but feel free to bring your own to tiedye"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Check pintrest for ideas too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Ladies thanks for the ideas I'm going to try those colored pinwheel cookies. Our party is this Saturday! I'm so super excited. About 10 kids from the preschool are coming and a few other friends!!! YEY!!! I found the T shirts at an outlet store I payed like $3.50 for 15 plain white cotton shirts.

I'm going to buy the supplies today =)

Supervane
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I made these cute decorations and they are mess free! I found them on a magazine decided to try them. I'm going to be doing this also at our party.

Made out of coffee filters, paper plates, and party streamers.

flatten the coffee filters and color on one side with washable markers in any pattern or scribble.

Then spray water with a spray bottle on top. Fold in half like so spray with water again flip over and re-spray.

While still moist flatten to dry on a paper plate. Attach streamers, you can also add a string to hang up. I used staples and tape to attach streamers and colored filter to plate.

Dodie702
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Those are so cute! Very creative. :)

Quoting Supervane:

I made these cute decorations and they are mess free! I found them on a magazine decided to try them. I'm going to be doing this also at our party.

Made out of coffee filters, paper plates, and party streamers.

flatten the coffee filters and color on one side with washable markers in any pattern or scribble.

Then spray water with a spray bottle on top. Fold in half like so spray with water again flip over and re-spray.

While still moist flatten to dry on a paper plate. Attach streamers, you can also add a string to hang up. I used staples and tape to attach streamers and colored filter to plate.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)