Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(updated:added Felt Tiara pics) Felt Wand Favors

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi Ladies,

Just sharing my 2nd completed project for my dd's Princess and Knight's 5th birthday party in August, I have lots of diy project for this party so i'm trying to get at least two projects done per weekend; the matching felt tiaras i hope to get done next weekend. this project was based on this online tutorial....http://www.lubirdbaby.com/2011/01/princess-wand-tutorial.html....tell me what you mamas think.....

Hi again,

I just completed the tiaras to match the wand, I found I had a little trouble fitting it around the bando and they ended up with a pouch ( it didn't come with a template so I must not have made the template  properly). I wanted pink, lilac and white bandos but these were colours I found for a reasonable price (TTT$15/US$2.33 for a 4pk); let me know what you mamas think............

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermeof3
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM

They look GREAT!!!

supermeof3
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM

What other crafts do you have planned?

KEISHAJB
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I LOVE IT!!!!

kavon
by Kaya on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:44 PM

The girls favor are the felt tiaras and wands in the tutorial above, will do these hair bands from the scrap felt and plain pink, purple and white hair bands.

Lavender Crown Felt Clip

Favor bags  - Originally I wanted crown shaped but decided for the girls this and the boys red or blue felt bags with shield (I will cut out and do the finishing touches but my mom will be sewing them for me):

I wanted to do felt jewelery like this

but found these reasonable - TT$100/US$15.50 so I bought these they include a necklace, 2 bracelets and a plastic butterfly ring (my mom thinks I should cut out everything to make the jewelery and turn it into a craft, not sure yet):

Have to glam these up with small gems around the top of the heart (I got a pack for TT$10/US$1.55):

Although it is not a disney princess party, I found this 6pk set of storybooks with two sheets of stickers included for TT$20/US$3.10 and couldn't pass it up:

Each girl will get 1 of the characters above so I decided to match it with a coloring book, the princess who gets Belle will get a matching Belle coloring Book and so on...i have only completed two so far next week will complete the rest, this is what I did to see how they would come out:

Also found these paper dolls to cut out as favors ( I haven't decided how to package it yet), Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella  http://www.colorcutandcreate.com/i_paper_people.php Belle here http://family.go.com/printables/article-1018730-princess-printable-belle-paper-doll-t/ Ariel here http://family.go.com/printables/article-1018729-princess-printable-ariel-paper-doll-t/ and for some reason I can't find a printable Jasmine paper doll so I will have to try and create something not sure how that will work out.

That's about it for the girls - I want to complete theirs first and then move on to the boys.

Dodie702
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM
They are soooo cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrarrington18
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Those wands are cut. Love all your DIY projects. Can't wait to see the whole party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsHubler
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Awesome!  Can't wait to see how it all comes together for the big day!

momofsixangels
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Very nice!!

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM

cute

YVONNE

GreeneyedJess
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM

You're doing a great job! The party is going to be so much fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)