Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Do you celebrate Mother's Day?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

So ladies, our day is coming up ;)  What do you do to celebrate?  We have a big brunch at my Mom's house.  We all make and bring something.  It's always so fun and sooooo yummy!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Not this year.My Mom passed on Feb. 26th.I just cant celebrate it.My sisters and I used to get together and take Mom out for breakfast.Then we would go back to her house and have cake and give her presents and flowers.This year I dont want to celebrate at all.

mammapav
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

We will go to Church , I usually get gifts and cards from Hubby and the kids. My Family and My Mom go out to eat.  ( My Mom goes to Church with us too)  Then in the evening The whole Family gets together at My Mom's House. All my Sisters and their Family will be there.  Each of us brings a snack and a desert  to share with everybody. Then my Mom gets her gifts and cards. We have so much fun when we all get together!!!!!!!!!!!

mammapav
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Quoting momofsixangels:

Not this year.My Mom passed on Feb. 26th.I just cant celebrate it.My sisters and I used to get together and take Mom out for breakfast.Then we would go back to her house and have cake and give her presents and flowers.This year I dont want to celebrate at all.

I am so sorry for your loss.  I can't  even imagine what it would be like to lose my Mom.  My prayer are with you and your family.

supermeof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

That sounds alot like our day, except for the "out to eat" part.  We always have so much fun together too!   I love it :)

Quoting mammapav:

We will go to Church , I usually get gifts and cards from Hubby and the kids. My Family and My Mom go out to eat.  ( My Mom goes to Church with us too)  Then in the evening The whole Family gets together at My Mom's House. All my Sisters and their Family will be there.  Each of us brings a snack and a desert  to share with everybody. Then my Mom gets her gifts and cards. We have so much fun when we all get together!!!!!!!!!!!

supermeof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I'm so sorry :(  I know that you have such a hard time w/ losing your Mom.  I have a hard time w/ Father's Day :(   (((HUGS))) Momma!

Quoting momofsixangels:

momofsixangels
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Thank-you ladies.I have had a very hard time with it.I cant get over my grief.I broke down last night like I did when she first passed.My Dad died from alzheimers almost 9 years ago.It took me awhile to deal with that but Mom and I were very close.She was my best friend.She always made me feel safe and like everything would be ok.

Alieda
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Lannie and I will go to church, then Jeff and us will go out for Chili dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I will probably go to my parents and celebrate my daughters birthday since its only days before. My sons 5th angelversary (birthday) is in may also so my husband is getting me a diamond incrested necklace with his foot prints and his name engraved on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrarrington18
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM
I usually have dinner with my sister and mom. But Idk if we are going to do that. My son makes me things in school so that is prob be the only present I get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermeof3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I can only imagine.  I lost my Dad a year ago and can't imagine losing my Mom too :(   (((hugs)))

Quoting momofsixangels:

Thank-you ladies.I have had a very hard time with it.I cant get over my grief.I broke down last night like I did when she first passed.My Dad died from alzheimers almost 9 years ago.It took me awhile to deal with that but Mom and I were very close.She was my best friend.She always made me feel safe and like everything would be ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN