Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Hi....I'm planning a Hunger Games brunch for my soon to be 13 year old daughter. she is obsessed with the books and movie so this became her birthday theme.

My menu is a sausage and egg casserole, mini cinnamon rolls, dipped strawberries, and blueberries. I may do some little yogurt parfaits too.

Our color scheme is grey, yellow, and black.

I am trying to get some ideas for a obstacle course that will include shooting a bow and arrow. Any help with that would be appreciated.

For our cake I will make "girl on fire cupcakes" I plan to color white cake batter yellow, orange, and red and layer in the cupcake tins.

Any ideas you have would be great!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Replies (11-11):
Alejandra10
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Love this idea

Quoting Dodie702:

Great ideas for your Hunger Games themed party

| September 8, 2011 | 11 CommentsMore

We know there’s some pretty die-hard Hunger Games fans out there. You only have to look at the incredible array of fan art to see how inspired many have been by Suzanne Collins’ books.

So if you’re as crazy about The Hunger Games as we are, then the idea of a Hunger Games themed party might be right up your alley. Hypable has taken a look at some ideas if you want to go all out.

• As they point out, the centerpiece of a party is often the cake. You can make this one by following all of the steps outlined here.

My Hunger Games - the hunger games cake

• Another element of a great theme party is food. There are many creative ways to surprise even the most discriminate Hunger Games fan. This site has compiled an entire catalogue of different Hunger Games-oriented recipes.

• Styling the party invitation can be really fun. Here’s a sample idea for how to make a Hunger Games-themed party invitation.

• Decor is essential. If you don’t have the resources (or energy) to transform your space completely, posters or book cover images are always a good start. If you want to take it all the way, though, you could set up houseplants to replicate the woods and have a mini-pond (a child’s swimming pool would work) to house the ice and drinks, put a few parachutes with prizes about, and hang a few mockingjays around the ceiling. Notice what was done with the parachutes in the party pictures here.

My Hunger Games - parachutes

• Games will also be a fun element to play with in a Hunger Games-themed party. You could have a trivia game (a great sample list of questions can be found here)

Other touches that could be put on a Hunger Games party are costumes, gifts, and party favors (like Mockingjay Pins to take home or parachutes with bread rolls or chocolates).

http://www.myhungergames.com/great-ideas-for-your-hunger-games-themed-party

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN