Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Great 3 Year Old Birthday Party Idea: A Firefighter’s Party!

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:24 AM
  • 9 Replies

Great 3 Year Old Birthday Party Idea: A Firefighter’s Party!

May 16, 2012 · 2 comments

Firefighter Birthday Party

What young boy doesn’t want to grow up some day and become a fireman? Pretty much all of them- especially when they are 3 years old! Which is why a firefighter party can be such a great 3 year old birthday party idea!

The Firefighter Party Invitation

I made these invitations in Microsoft Word using free clip art and printing them on my home color printer.

Firefighter Party Invite To 300x164 Great 3 Year Old Birthday Party Idea: A Firefighters Party!

Firefighter Invite Inside 300x273 Great 3 Year Old Birthday Party Idea: A Firefighters Party!

Firefighter Party Activities

Our opening activity when the party guests arrived was to decorate their own goodie bags to hold the prizes that the kids would win when they played the party games. The party table was also set up with red plastic fire hats for each of the guests.

Firefighter Party Invite 300x161 Great 3 Year Old Birthday Party Idea: A Firefighters Party!

We re-used many of the party games from our Bob the Builder Party…. including a fishing hole game, the car racing game, and the tattoo station. We allowed 15 minutes for the guests to play each of these games and to receive a tattoo.

ff1 Great 3 Year Old Birthday Party Idea: A Firefighters Party!

We then moved on to a party favorite- the “eat the donut off of the dangling string without using your hands game”. Kids think this is so funny-and adults get a kick out of the powdered sugar that ends up coating all of their little faces before they are done!

ff3 Great 3 Year Old Birthday Party Idea: A Firefighters Party!

After the donut game, we moved onto our party craft, which was decorating a foam cut-out firetruck (I purchased these as kits from a local craft store). I then gathered the kids together on the floor for a firehouse story…. which gave Steve and the other adults a chance to clean up the party tables and ready them for lunch.

The Firefighter Party Cakes!

ff6 Great 3 Year Old Birthday Party Idea: A Firefighters Party!

After lunch we celebrated Spencer’s big day with these cute birthday cakes! And yes, this was still when I was of the mindset to spend hours and hours decorating birthday cakes that my little ones destroyed in 15 minutes! (I still make all of the cakes myself, but I try to simplify the decorating part!)

ff4 Great 3 Year Old Birthday Party Idea: A Firefighters Party!

Closing Activity

We ended the party with our outdoor treasure hunt for the party favors- which were Beanie Baby dalmatian puppies! I had hoped to convince our local fire department to stop by with one of their firetrucks for all of the kids to climb in and take some pictures….. but although I had seen them do this numerous times at preschools and at our local “truck day event” for our town, they weren’t too keen on the idea of doing this as a private house call!

by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LisaRaygbor
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Wao its amazing... Really nice idea for a birthday party. Loved your pics. :)happy

Dodie702
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Very cute party!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffstud
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM
My 5 year old nephews dad is a firefighter and every single year his theme is that. So I never use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Super cute and looks like a lot of fun

My oldest son who is about to turn 25 this month had a firefighter party when he was around 3. : )

YVONNE

momofsixangels
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM

My sister had her sons b-day at the fire dept! They provided decorations,gave the kids a tour,gave them each a firefighters hat.It was all free.She did get them all pizza one night for dinner to thank them.

chrarrington18
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:07 PM
That's cute. I know a little joy who had the fire turck at his first bday. Super awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alejandra10
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Love it and the cakes look wonderful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomeamylynn
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM

What a great party!! It looks like everyone had a great time. The cakes look fantasic. I know that they take hours to make and 15mins to destroy but they are worth it because the memories will last a lifetime. And you have the pictures to prove it!

lovegrace222
by New Member on May. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Cute! My dh is a firefighter-- he says that our dd will have a firefighter party one year (because she loves firetrucks) so maybe after I do all the cute girly parties for a couple years- she will have a firefighter party!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN