Now that Memorial Day has come and gone, 'tis the season to get outside and grill! I love charred meat as much as the next red-blooded American lady, but what I really look forward to around this time of year is the opportunity to char some ... marshmallows! OMG. Love me some s'mores.
Nothing says summer like toasted marshmallows, melty milk chocolate, and crunchy graham crackers. Except maybe a creative twist on the classic ... Banana S'more Nachos With Peanut Butter Sauce. Oh yeeeeah, let's go there!
Banana S'more Nachos With Peanut Butter Sauce from FoodNetwork.com
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 graham crackers, broken into quarters
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 (10.5-ounce) bag mini marshmallows
For peanut butter sauce:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 11 by 7-inch baking dish or a medium sized oval baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer half of graham crackers, chopped bananas, chocolate chips, and marshmallows into the baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake in for 10 to 12 minutes or until marshmallows have turned slightly golden and chocolate chips are melted.
- For Sauce: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the milk and pumpkin pie spice. Once the milk is hot, whisk in peanut butter until well combined and smooth and let cook for another 3 minutes until thick. Drizzle sauce over top of baked s'mores.