Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

On your birthday ...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:34 PM
  • 18 Replies
Do you celebrate yourself like make your own party or who makes it.

Do you have a party or not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I just have my family to celebrate
Alejandra10
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:37 PM
My birthday this year will be the same day as fathers day June 17. So that day hubbies side of the fam will be doing a party for his grampa so all his family will be there. I will be going to visit my dad for sure and then most likely go to hubs side so my birthday will be good in a way but not very special lol good because I will be seeing my dad and celebrating hubby but bad in a way because I won't be able to do anything for me. I can do it the Saturday because that's my nephews birthday so yeah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM
My family makes all the plans and carry them. Usual very good outcomes, they did a good job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silence68shh
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:12 AM

that sucks :( I have to go to a party the day before father's day too. I usually plan a party for myself and my friends (in July) and then my mom and I celebrate with family together. (Mine is the 18th and hers is the 23rd)

chrarrington18
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Mine is the same day as my son so since he was born everyone has forgotten about me. So nothing is done. Not even a cake or happy bday sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anapatita7
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I usually gather my close friends for some snacks and cake, last year was plain as a white sheet of paper and i dont like that, my mom spoiled me too much, she always says minimum make a cake and sing happy bday for you but never go in blank. Well, this year (next month), im planing a little bbq with fhubby, kids and close riends (my family is overseas...  :(  or and a girls night out, so let's see how it goes.

anapatita7
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Quoting chrarrington18:

Mine is the same day as my son so since he was born everyone has forgotten about me. So nothing is done. Not even a cake or happy bday sometimes.

Why dont you choose a diferent day to celebrate and keep that as your "new" bday? I.e., celebrate a month after and do a little something, go out with your family and or friends, light up a candle in a cupcake and sing happy bday, but do something this way you're not taking away the attention from your son's day (we alway put our kids first, right?! ;) and still celebrate yours!!   ;)

LaMamiDeJase
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM

i never had a party for my birthday, but i do, do something smally. i usually go out to dinner with my husband or something.

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 8:07 AM
For the 3rd year in a row, I will be going to 6 Flags with a big group of friends and our kids. It's turned into an annual event that started by coincidence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I don't have a party. I get a cake though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)