Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Happy Birthday To Donald Duck-78 years old today!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

It was in 1934 this day that the much loved cartoon Donald Duck made his television debut in the Silly Symphony cartoon The Wise Little Hen.

Though he started his career with regular appearances in most Mickey Mouse animations, it was only a matter of time when Don Donald began to star in solo animation pieces which also introduced his love interest, Donna Duck, who later evolved into Daisy Duck.

Donald’s voice, one of the most identifiable voices in all of animation, was performed by voice actor the late Clarence ‘Ducky’ Nash. Since 1985, Donald has been voiced by Tony Anselmo, who was trained by Nash for the role. And the cartoon appeared in over 150 theatrical films with several of them being recognised at the Academy Awards.

Commemorating his 78th birthday, Disney channel is premiering the Three Musketeers at 11 this morning. Mumbai based music band called ‘The Other People’ have created two original songs (Hindi and English) for Donald Duck.

“He’s my favourite Disney character. No matter how tired I am, he always manages to bring a smile to my face. I love him when he loses his temper. I think the only time I find annoyance so endearing is when I see Donald getting all worked up,” says actor Shruti Seth. “Seriously, how many people or characters can you think of who can manage to look adorable when exasperated! I was super excited when I got to meet him in-person at Disneyland, Orlando in 2006. I couldn’t get over his adorable orange beak and the cute walk. I secretly wanted to bring him back with me.”

Actress Manasi Parekh Gohil says, “More than Donald Duck I have always been intrigued by the rich and miserly Uncle Scrooge who was never willing to part with even a little of his millions.So I think I would surely gift Donald a secret weapon so that he could somehow cure Uncle Scrooge of his miserliness and partake a chunk of his huge fortune!”

Actor Vivan Bhatena has a special gift idea for Donald.“I want to gift him some voice modulation classes so that he can stop lisping and talk properly,” he says, adding, “But the lisp was part of his charm.”

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Happy Birthday! From Donald Duck Myspace Graphic thumbnail

Alejandra10
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Happy belated birthday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Happy birthday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)