Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower ideas for "big brother"

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi everyone,

I am planning a baby shower for my sister. This will be her second son. She currently has an 8 year old, Seth. I'm trying to come up with ideas to include him in the baby shower. We are doing a co-ed shower and I really want to make him feel extra special. My sister is re-married so the new baby is with his step-dad and they've been working hard at trying to plan/ do things to ease the jelousy factor.

Anyway, any ideas?? Thanks!

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
badylugs80
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Great idea ...but no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM

He could help plan it and decorate it.Maybe give him a best big brother trophy?

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM
How about if you had people also bring him gifts of things he do with the.baby a book he can read to him when the baby is big enough, a rattle he can play with.the baby, a tee shirt that says the best big brother and thing they can think up a lo g this line. This would work best with family members. They will understand better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:03 AM

A lego game? Build something in x amount of time?

Dodie702
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Let him play the baby shower games and have some prizes specifically for him. Let him invite some friends so he doesn't feel alone during the shower. Help him make a personalized big brother t-shirt to wear to the shower.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
psychobilly_mom
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM

if he has a favorite character or hobby/sport I would plan the whole shower around that ! :D My daughter loves Jessee so for our 2nd baby shower we bought a cowgirl hat and decorated it with " It's a Boy" ribbon and plastic tiny baby bottles etc etc...she felt special :D  etc like a baseball baby shower? LOL Starwars baby shower? Dino baby? 

Alejandra10
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I would let him be the one annOuncing what comes next also get him involve involve involve from the buying decorations to cleaning upthe party. When it's time for present let him sit between mommy and daddy and he can open them. You can make that game they do with mommy and daddy where if daddy doesn't guess what it is he gets painted with some make up. You can do it with him mommy and daddy need to guess if they are wring then he gets to paint their face
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jordonlea
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Thanks for all the ideas everyone :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)