Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Celebration of a different kind

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am celebrating! I have been raising money for alzheimers in the memory of my great aunt(2002) my dad(2003) and my Mom(feb 2012).They all had this and have passed on.My goal was $100.I am doing the walk in oct and if you raise $100 you get a free alzheimers t shirt.I took the collection can in today.I had not counted the money yet.I wanted to be surprised. I have raised $128!!!! I was so happy I cried.I am not done yet.I am going to keep raising money until they find a cure.I celebrated by eating some ice cream.Hope I made my Mom proud of me!

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrarrington18
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM
That is super awesome. I would love to do a walk. My grandmother has it and I hate how it has made her. O wish they find a cure fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Im so sorry you are going through it.I just lost my Mom in feb to this horrible disease.If you want to do the walk just google alzheimers walk in your area.Ours here is oct 26th.I wish your grandmother and your family didnt have to deal with this.If you need to talk I am here.Hugs!

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I know you work hard to collect this so good job well done. I need to bagian collect money my self soon for the American Diabetes Association. Step Out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alejandra10
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Congrats on reaching your goal I'm sure they all are very proud and happy looking after you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Thank-you ladies!

Dodie702
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Thats great! Congrats for meeting your goal and more!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Thank-you!
chrarrington18
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Thank you. Your walk is on mine and my sons bday. I am going to look into it.

Quoting momofsixangels:

Im so sorry you are going through it.I just lost my Mom in feb to this horrible disease.If you want to do the walk just google alzheimers walk in your area.Ours here is oct 26th.I wish your grandmother and your family didnt have to deal with this.If you need to talk I am here.Hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM

My granmother had dementia (I'm sure it's spelled wrong) which is the beginning of  alzheimers, eventually it developed into alzheimers. I wish they could find a cure, I don't wanna see another family go through what we went through, I wish you the best of luck! 

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Thank-you.Sorry I messed up.The walk is on the 27th here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN